New Browning BLR

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Dearhunter, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Went and picked up my new Browning BLR TD in 308 cal. After seeing and shooting one at my gun club, I just had to have one.
    It is a work of art!! Metal and wood fits together perfect. Note that the trigger comes down with the lever. You can see the gears on the bolt.
    In the photos below, you will see the hammer in half cock, plus a photo with the hammer tip flipped forward forming a foolproof safety. Therefore making it very safe to carry a round in the chamber. I will be mounting a scout type scope on it. As a take down, it will easy to carry in a backpack. I have also ordered the Browning Take down carry case.

Browning BLR 001_resized.jpg

Browning BLR 002_resized.jpg

Browning BLR 004_resized.jpg

Browning BLR 006_resized.jpg

Browning BLR 007_resized.jpg

Browning BLR 008_resized.jpg

2. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Sweet rifle. I've always had the itch for a BLR, but things keep knocking it out of the pecking order. And I am somewhat of a trigger snob, and have heard bad things about their triggers and gunsmith's abilities to work on them. Let us know how it shoots. Maybe I'll start searching for a 22lr BLR. That would get me one a little more affordably.

3. Mercator

Mercator New Member

I had a mild case of BLRitis. The 22 has a short lever throw, fast. They are the most beautiful lever actions on the market, no question. I got over it by convincing myself that I wouldn't shoot it any better than a bolt or semiautomatic.

4. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Gorgeous rifle!!!!! :):):):):)

I can't wait for the range report. :)

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Very pretty! IMHO, Brownings are the most overlooked and under-appreciated rifles out there.

6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice. Totally in the dark and admittedly zero experience with these, does the pack leave room for the optic?

I can't wait for the range report.

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I went on the Browning web site. I could probably use a 308 Takedown also, plus the BL-22. I kinda like the stainless takedown too. I'll get them as soon as I figure out how to fund all the optics I NEED first.

8. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

I have the little .22. I hunted squirrels with it using CB caps and every other round. Never put a scope on it. You can carry it all day and no heavier than a stick, it seems. Bought it in 76.
    Really accurate since day one. Never had to fool with the sights.

9. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

What a gorgeous rifle!!!!!!!!:D Now I have GAS again.......
    Second what Tinbucket said about the BL-22!!! Had mine since I was 7 (1972) and shot enough bricks through it to build a house with 4 car garage:)

Mine is still pretty, just not nearly as pretty as it was when I got it:( keep it in my closet for the pigeons tiring to invade the barn. Deck is 43 yards from the power pole, and 59 yards from the barn fence.

10. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

Make sure you give us a range update! If it shoots half as good as it looks, it will be outstanding!