Firearms Talk banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,856 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Prices will never get back down to pre panic prices. The only way for them to come down in price is for everyone to stop buying. When everyone stops buying the dealers that have bought a large amount to rake in the cash get panicked & need to sell some to pay bills.
But as I have seen in past surges the prices don't come all the way back to pre panic prices. Maybe for a sale or promotion but not for good.

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,405 Posts
Prices will never get back down to pre panic prices. The only way for them to come down in price is for everyone to stop buying. When everyone stops buying the dealers that have bought a large amount to rake in the cash get panicked & need to sell some to pay bills.
But as I have seen in past surges the prices don't come all the way back to pre panic prices. Maybe for a sale or promotion but not for good.
Exactly dead on correct. I have seen the same over the decades as well.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Not bad, at least given recent prices, but still almost double what I can reload it for. Given what I paid for the primers, powder, bullets and once fired cases, I'm reloading 115 grain 9mm for 17 cents a round.
Nah... im replying to the previous posts. They are saying prices wont drop below what they were prepandemic. I was posting those prices and my statement is i think prices will drop to those levels again.

To your post, i am currently reloading 124 grn jhp for 14.5cpr.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Speculating on future pricing right now is futile with an idiot in office. This country has a long ways to go. Lies, lies, lies, lies.......I guess some people believe them. As long as people hoard, prices will stay up. A lot of new people got into guns over the past two years and now they want ammo.

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,405 Posts
Well, truthfully, I don't reload because I save any money. My time and costs for all the equipment to do it probably negates it. I just do it because I enjoy it.
Now that is the truth. Most reloaders, especially nowadays, only figure in component costs.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Ha, managed to score a pound of CFE223 and CFEBLK powder this afternoon. The shelves of powder were loaded at one of the LGS's. First CFE223 I've seen in ages.

Heading that way again Friday morning, might go ahead and grab some more. They don't have any primers though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
45 ACP reloads as of 11/27/2021
17.60 per pound 7000 grains. of win 231 at 7000/5.5 = 1272 rounds (already had)
17.60/1272=.0138 cents per round. for powder (already had)
79.95 for 1000 pieces of once fired brass from Dillon = .079 cents each piece of brass once fired) (already had)
165 for 5K Primers at Gary Blunt = .033 each. (already had)
153 for 1000 bullets from Delta Precision Bullet = 15.3each.

.0138 Powder
.0799 Brass (ONCE)
.033 Primer
.153 230 FMJ Bullet
.2797 TOTAL cents each loaded round with all once fired Brass.
.1998 TOTAL if you own the brass

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I wrote a web page and used javascript to do the calculations. I plug in the price and quantity for each component and have it automatically add sales tax. I can add shipping if necessary. I plug in the powder amount for the given load and it then calculates cost per round. It'll do initial first time reload cost if I have added the cost of brass, then subsequent reload costs since the price of brass isn't needed. It calculates out to 18 decimal points and the final price is rounded to 2 decimal points.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts