New Book Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by silverado113, Nov 11, 2011.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Alright I'm on the search for a new book to read in history, current events, or bio, genre. Any suggestions on one of your favorites you have read lately?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

SEAL Team Six by Howard Wasdin and Stephen Templin. Good book and well written. My 15 year old read it first and now my 14 year old is reading it right here next to me as I type.

I am reading Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden. Decent book but not as good as Wasdin's. Bowden is a professional writer but he is writing a narrative. Wasdin lived it and I appreciate the perspective.

If you are into history I found Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose to be absolutely terrific, as is 1776 by David McCullough.

Another good read that I found to be fascinating is Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. This one might make you change what you eat. Another one to follow that up with (also by Pollan) is In Defense of Food. I have not yet read his book The Botany of Desire but as soon as I get a copy I will put it in my stack of unread stuff.

Let me know if you enjoy any of these!

4. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

There's a book with great reviews, which I had just now
    purchased. It is called: Matterhorn - a true account in
    novel form about one man's experience in Vietnam.
    :)

Attached Files:

6. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

"In the Company of Heroes" by Michael Durant.

Damned good book. Tells the story of Operation Gothic Serpent through his eyes.

For those that don't know who Mike Durant is, he's the Blackhawk pilot that went down and was taken prisoner in the real life Blake Hawk Down ;)

7. Jared

Jared New Member

Ted, White, and Blue, the Ted Nugent Manifesto.

8. dhyayi

dhyayi New Member

I first read I first read this years ago when I was only 12 and I even enjoyed it then. What I like about it is the stories are relaxing and neither to short or to long in length; perfect for the hectic lifestyle of today where often you dont have the time to read a full length book.

[​IMG]