New Billy Badasses

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by clr8ter, Jul 27, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What is with all these new guys jumping in with 20 posts, and arguing with everybody, and being rude and generally unpleasant all of a sudden? Judging from some of the things I just read here in various sections, this happens from time to time. What gives? (Maybe a rhetorical question.) You'd think they'd want to be nice, so the rest of us will listen to what they have to say, wouldn't you? Just this week I've read several threads where the new guy was causing all sorts of a ruckus. It's starting to get annoying.

Here is my pet peeves;
    1. Spelling. You can't use spell check? Really?
    2. Grammar. Doesn't have to be perfect, but come on, there is a big difference between the and they.
    3. Punctuation. Lack of it makes your post very hard to read. I usually stop.
    4. Since you are new, we DON"T KNOW how much you know. Don't come off as a know-it-all on your 1st post.
    5. If my opinion differs from yours, and I tell you so, don't immediately go off the deep end.

2. hoovco

hoovco New Member

It's the internet. Everyone is a badass that knows everything when they're behind a computer screen.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, I know. Are you a badass?:D

4. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

And so it goes... :(

5. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I could be if I hit the caps lock button.

6. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

[​IMG]

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Never thought of myself as a badass. Once heard there are only 5 TRUE bad asses in the world.

I DO get Christmas cards from 4 of them............ :rolleyes:

It is something of a cycle we go thru here. Part of the reason Moderators are usually prematurely gray (or in my case, bald) Most of you do not see the ones that do not survive the first 60 seconds here- and trust me, you are better off not seeing them.

First, we have the grenade hurlers. Jump in, toss a frag, jump out- hoping to start a fight.

Then we have the Soldier-0f-Fantasy. He is a Green Beret/Recondo/Seal/Sniper/Halo Jumper/Marine/Ranger. Can't give you any specific information because all of his work is classified- but he really works as an assassin for the CIA. But can't remember what a qual course is, or his class number for jump school.

Of course, no forum can be complete without the fanboys and snobs. The fanboys have never fired a real firearm, but they are willing to tell you all about why THIS gun is the best there will ever be. The snob looks down his nose at anyone that does not own HIS firearm, made only from meteorite iron, endangered species wood, and has scope crosshairs made from Black Widow Spider silk (spider is still in the tube)

MOST of us here are rather laid back, enjoy the internet equivalent of kicking back with a beer and chatting with friends. This is an incredibly diverse forum- A few members as young as 13, a few in their 80s. We have novice shooters and gun manufacturers, ladies and gents, plinkers and serious competition shooters. There are more than a few FFLs here, a few attorneys that keep their heads down (and whimper gently at some posts) and a few medical professionals. Serving law enforcement officers, EMTs, Firefighters, active duty military from all branches, and a bunch of veterans.

While we welcome ALL persons that are old enough to meet our requirements (13 with parental consent), we DO have one requirement that is held to harder than tungsten carbide- act with some manners. Show me some style and grace, do not act like a *****, and treat the others folks here in a civil manner.

Otherwise we will kick your sorry butt to the curb and wait for the bus to run over it. For the folks (like the wiseass this week) that think you can insult people, ignore warnings, get put in timeout, and come back under another user name- PLEASE!

Moderators on almost every forum can read your Internet Service provider Code. You can change your screen name- but you have the same ISP. Act like a REAL idiot, we hand the info over to your local LEOs for legal action.

8. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I thought of this for some reason...
    [​IMG]
    I must be losing it :p

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Punctuation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a donkey and helping your uncle jack off a donkey! :eek:

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Nice!! I have Billy Bass hanging on the wall in the bathroom...

Christmas present form my Mom some years ago...

There has yet to be a female guest who liked it...

The first one that does I'll marry...;)

11. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

[​IMG]

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL! There is some strange people here!!

13. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Shhhhoooooooooobbbbiiiiiieeeeee

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would like it but I'm not taking you up on your offer. :cool:

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

Well I had this whole response typed to and then my Internet connection went out. :mad:

The gist of it was, tough, if I ever get out of line I hope the salts here tell me immediately. I'm young, inexperienced (compared to a lot of members here), a new member, and generally don't know as much as most, so I have no reason to get out of line.

And the dude earlier this week really annoyed me.

16. tri70

tri70 New Member

We'll bring out the complaint form for anyone that feels offended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  17. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I think this says it well:

Attached Files:

18. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I am a legend in my own mind.
    [​IMG]

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member