New Barrel for a Rem 870 12 ga

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Jables, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Jables

Jables New Member

I have a Rem 870 with a 28 in ribbed barrel and I'm wanting to buy a second barrel shorter barrel for trap shooting. When I brought this up to "Pops" he said you'll probably spend what you did on the gun new just on a barrel. So here's the question:

Anybody know a place to get a barrel for a good price (and yes, I do want the a rem brand barrel)?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

midwayusa
    Brownells

Shotgun barrels are not all that spendy If I remember.

3. Jables

Jables New Member

Thank you!

4. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

You beat me to the punch. And by the way, there ARE some good non-rem brand barrels out there...

5. h2oking

h2oking New Member

I haven't shot trap in quite sometime but I would think that you would want a longer barrel as opposed to a short one for trap shooting. When I was shooting trap a 28" barrel was considered about as short as it gets for trap shooting. Am I perhaps missing something?

Ron

6. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Plan on spending almost what you did on your 870 for a new barrel.

7. Jables

Jables New Member

Well, I threw in my improved cylinder and went to the trap shoot. I made it to the finals killing all 5 trap. However beings this is really the first time I've ever shot trap and worked myself up over lunch for the finals. I dusted 2 and hit one and missed 2. Since we don't score dustings, I only scored 1. It was just for fun so I don't know why I got so worked up. I'm going to work on my low shots. I think I have found my new hobby. :D

We also did an Annie Oakley shoot after that and that was a blast.

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

PIONEER GUNSHOP has genuine REM 870 barrels. Very reasonably priced. 817-285-0664. Ask for A.B. the's the owner.

9. Jables

Jables New Member

I've figured out that I can get the whole set of choke tubes for the price of one barrel and I think I'm going to take that route.