New baby arrived..... Its a boy!!!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by 1turkeyhunter, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Well, my new baby came and I couldnt be happier!

Smith and Wesson Performance Center 460 XVR with 14" barrel. Talk about hard to find, took about a year to finally get it. Surprised at how light it is for such a massive gun. Hope that part dont bite me in the butt later as I havent got to shoot it yet. I will be heading to the range in a few hours so we will
    See shortly. Wish me luck!

image-1553775964.jpg

image-4105535882.jpg

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. I have never seen the likes of that. Weird. Yet interesting. I'm finding it hard to look away. :eek: What caliber?

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

.460. Big boy lol. Will shoot 454, 45 long colt? As well. My friend has one in a 9 inch? Barrel. I can't recall exactly. Makes a BIG BOOM lol.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Find a holster?

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

forget that ... get a sling :p

6. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Cant seem to find one for the 14". Would really like to have one made though.

7. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Came with a sling and sling mounts. Anyone here know anyone close that make custom holsters? Very interested!

Fixing to head to the range now........

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

One for a Thompson Contender mite work-
    Had one for mine with a 16" 30-30 barrel.

9. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Hell, man, that's not a boy, that's a freakin' alpha male! Looks like it should be mounted in a turret!

Did the bipod come with it, or did you add that?

10. GunMouse

GunMouse New Member

Congrats....Very nice

11. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Yes, the bipod come with! Shoots really nice! Pretty pleased with it!

Heres a pic of me shooting while holding it........

image-906360090.jpg

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

AWESOME!!! I like that.

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Did you lose a bet or something? Jeez! I'll bet it's alot heavier than it feels -- probably about as heavy as it looks even. LOL. A pretty common caliber in Alaska, relatively speaking. .44 Mag, .454 and .500 too are in the big-box chain store department register displays like pellet guns are in the lower 48...

14. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Honestly the weight isnt as bad as you would think. The bi-pod doesnt help, but I thought it would be worse. As for this caliber being common in Alaska, hell, if Kentucky had the game Alaska had, im sure it would be common here too. Cant recall last time I seen a moose crossing the road here. Doesnt mean Im not ready for when they do though!!! Lol

15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

We still have moose in Ky iirc, bout as rare as hens teeth though:(

16. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

That is one sweet hand cannon!

17. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

"We still have moose in Ky iirc, bout as rare as hens teeth though"

Elk, on the other hand, are doing great in the Land Between The Lakes---and did I read somewhere that they were introducing them to the eastern part of the state?

That fire-breathing hand howitzer might well take down an elk with good shot placement, though I'd prefer something like a .30/06 or .45-70. I'll bet the piece would do nice work on a feral hog or wild boar, and we DAMN sure have lots of those armor-plated critters in Kentucky.

18. headhunter

headhunter Member

I'm getting old. I see muzzle flash. it appears there may be some flash coming though the firing pin hole. So where is the flash fron the cylinger gap? Like I said ,"I'm getting old."

19. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

There was no flash coming from the firing pin hole, just a shaky picture. There was a little from the cylinder gap, but most come from the barrel.

This revolver has the highest muzzle velocity of any production revolver in the world. Many people use them for big game hunting, to include elk, moose, whitetail, bear, etc. If I ever get the chance to do some big game hunting, I will definitely be taking this revolver!

20. Vincine

Vincine New Member

So, um, is that your CCW or your BUG?