New ar15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Tinob, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Tinob

Tinob New Member

Need help deciding between stag arms model 2 and bushmaster superlight carbine. Gonna be used for plinking and maybe hunting

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

NIB? Used? Build to Spec?

A little more information can help us help you.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If you're talking about the Carbon 15, I'd stay away from that one!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is he? I didn't make the connection, I was just looking for a link or more info before I offered an opinion. :eek:

Sweet Jesus man, if it's the Carbon stay the hell away. In fact, RUN, don't walk, to the next rack of ALUMINUM RECEIVERS.

JD

5. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I would stay away from any BM unless its atleast 5-6 yrs old. But thats just my .02

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Out of the 2, Stag.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Oh definitely your first post was dead on, JD - we need way more info to help out... but the C-15 thing, I wanted to find out if that's what he's talking about.

8. synical

synical New Member

I looked at the carbin when I was trying to decide and when I looked close it looked cheap and looked like it would not hold up well! Just my 2 cents! :rolleyes:

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Tinob,

If you are going to buy one definitely the Stag! As our good brother Dillinger advised you might want to think about building one. Just buy good parts if you do. One reason you can build a good AR for less is that the manufacturer has to tac on the 11% Federal Excise Tax for complete weapons. We can certainly help you put it together and recommend some good sources for parts. Best for you to build the complete lower and buy a good complete upper.