New AR15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by FernandoTheCommando, Jan 2, 2016.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Just picked up a new Daniel Defense m4v11 in dark brown (too dark to consider fde). Im going to shoot it tomorrow but i expect good results from a DD rifle. This is my first AR, but not my first rifle in 5.56. I have always had mini 14's but I wanted to get into AR's. I can see the black rifle addiction creeping up. Already ordering a bcm forward grip and i got the magpul mbus gen 2 until i grab another red dot. Thinking about slapping something from vortex on for now and saving for an ACOG.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks great! I'm sure you'll love it. Of five uppers I've bought (including a BCM) my DDM4V3 upper is the best.

3. FernandoTheCommando

Thanks! Ive got a buddy that swears by DD and ive heard nothing but good things about their rifles. Need to get the mbus sighted in tomorrow.

4. kansas45

kansas45 Member

It's too late to turn back, Fernando. You are infected with the AR addiction! :D

5. Seargent_York

Seargent_York New Member

it all started for me with a single black gun a few years back......

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

AND NOW.......

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

........with stripped lowers still sitting in the safe

6. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

DD makes a great rifle and out of my twenty five or so AR's it is one of my favorites, problem is i love shooting each and every one of them from the least expensive ATI to the most (DD). Not that this is an addiction mind you, seems like everyone is up at 0300 filing empty cases to length so he can reload one more cartridge to add to the untold thousands in cans already.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Gorgeous rifle and fantastic choice :)

8. FernandoTheCommando

Thanks. I just got a bcm gunfighter vfg for it. Wanted to get it to the range this weekend but i chickened out due to the weather.

9. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

While waiting for the sun to shine fill a few cans with your own special .223 load to show up your neighbors. A trip to the range with less than 3-500 rounds is not a full day. Take your kid so he can keep mags full:)

10. FernandoTheCommando

Got no kids, the neighbors dont shoot, and i dont load my own ammo lol. 3-500 rounds of 5.56 would put too big a hole in my wallet considering i go to the range 3-4 times a month and bring multiple guns with me. Im not rich enough to blow through 1200 rounds a month haha.

11. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

Fernando, I am sad, you are about to be stripped of your "commando" title if you do not change habits immediately. No kids more money for ammo....a DD carbine will scream at you to take it out and shoot truck loads of ammo! Tomorrow i shall brave the rain on top of our snow to shoot a few of my AR's and Browning Hi Power's at cans, gongs and maybe a target or two....probably be miserable conditions so i will take only one 420 rd can of ammo :) But it will be my 75th BD (and still vertical most of the time) so i intend to make a lot of empty brass in celebration.