New AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by coyote_killer3, Apr 18, 2012.

1. coyote_killer3

coyote_killer3 New Member

I'm looking to buy a new AR for varmit hunting. I don't want the collapsible stock because it will strictly be used for varmints. I like the Remington but it's a little out of my price range. Any suggestions? Stag, DPMS, Ambush? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Riley

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

What's your price range?

3. coyote_killer3

800 to 1000. Maybe a lil higher.

Thanks,
    Riley

4. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Does that include optics?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Are you looking for new or used? Your in the price range of a new windham ar. Not sure what else is in the price range. Used m&p's usually run around $750.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. coyote_killer3

Does not include optics. And I might be willing to get up to about 1200. I want a new one. My brother in law is a dealer so I can get them as cheap as possible. I just wanna choose the right one.

Thanks,
    Riley

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Look into Rock River varmint rifles as well. And if they're too much, you can also build one off their website to lower the price some

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

I started with a Rock River Match rifle looking for a good coyote gun. To heavy. I would highly recomand the the RR Coyote. I have a good friend with one and it is the best you will ever find in my oppenion.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

RRA, STAG, DPMS all make a good varmint rifle. Others like BCM and DD can be "customized" when ordering and you would end up with a fine rifle too. But or $1k you could probably build your own with top quality parts and have a tack driver of a rifle ;)

10. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

For that budget you might as well get quality. BCM, Daniel Defense are w/i your price range and offer a great value and no guess work (will it be a lemon?). Since you have the money there's no reason to settle.

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

You may want to re-think that.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/heads-up-62825/

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I have read your other post. I always recommend purchasing a complete upper and lower separately so BCM suspending complete rifles isn't such a big deal. In fact it's encouraging. Maybe some of the normal DPMS customers are recognizing true value and quality finally.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looks like both DD and DPMS are gonna be hard to get.

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

A couple minutes on google = Rifle Gear has a real nice DD. BCM has some real nice uppers in stock.

15. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Do either DD or BCM offer 1 in 9 non-chrome lined barrels in their rifles or uppers? That would seem to be the best choice for a dedicated varmint rifle to get the best accuracy with light weight varmint bullets.