Firearms Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening everyone!!

Just thought I would share the most recent build I did. I build half of this one! I told myself no more but then realized I didn't have a rifle in FDE yet, so I said well I have to add one then! One night I was looking on the Aero Precision website and saw that they had the complete uppers in stock so I grabbed one and just waited and waited until I could find the lower I wanted. I ended up finding the m4e1 lower on gun broker and of course, it had to be FDE as well. I work at a gun store, so I picked up the m4 lower parts kit, buffer kit, and the radian raptor charging handle. went to go pick up my lower from the FFL and assembled it this afternoon. first time I've done it. not too hard honestly, but definitely need some more tools. I grabbed a few from work but was still missing a few different things. I kind of like building it. It is like an adult lego! The hardest part I think was probably getting the darn pin to line up when installing the trigger. I got it through one side of the trigger and then when I tried to get it into the disconnector it just wasn't working. I ended up getting it in there. Almost did a Gissele trigger, we had the flat SD-E at work but I figured I should just keep it simple. maybe in the next one. Also running a nickel boron BCG. Love the way it came out. Think I might get a can for it next. Let me know what you think! Running the Holosun 510C-GR (Green 65 moa ring with 2 moa do) and the Holosun HM3X as well.

·
Supporting Member
12,647 Posts
TCcrowley

Great Build. NIce Rifle! The Key is when building the Lower and putting the Trigger Pin is when putting the Trigger Pin in You must Depress the "Rear" of the Disconnector and Disconnector Spring "Down" in order to align the Hole in the Disconnector Hole with the Holes in the opposite side of the Trigger and the Hole in the opposite side of the Receiver. Also when installing a Hammer and Hammer Pin in a Receiver always put the Safety in the Fire Position.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Tcrowley

Our AR's are very close in components. Below is what I used.

You can't have too many AR's.

I'm kind of a trigger snob, and have been spoiled by Geissele triggers. They are a little pricey. You might want to try Rock River Arms triggers. They're not bad as far as price, and they're much better than the Milspec triggers. I've used two of the two stage Rock River triggers, they have a lighter pull and a cleaner break than the Milspec.

Aero Precision
APRH100305C - Billet Trigger Guard w/ Logo - Anodized Black
APRH100385C - AR15 Lower Parts Kit, Minus FCG/Trigger Guard/Pistol Grip
APAR700705M7 - Aero Precision M4E1 Barreled Upper, 16" 5.56 Mid-Length Barrel, ATLAS R-ONE 15" M-LOK HG
APRH100151C - Aero Precision AR15/M4 Carbine Buffer Kit

AIM Surplus
XAIMBCGNIBBDG - AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NIB 9310 MPI BOLT CARRIER GROUP - Nickel Boron Coating

Anderson Manufacturing
D2-K067-A005-0P - Anderson Stripped Lower Receiver, Spartan Molon Labe Logo, Anodized Black

Breek Arms
BRK522 - Breek Arms Warhammer AR Ambi Charging Handle

Fab Defense
PTK-M - front grip - FAB Defense Rubberized M-LOK Compatible Ergonomic Pointing Grip Combo Pack, Black, fx-ptkmcb

Geissele Automatics
05-101 - Geissele SSA Super Semi-Automatic 2 Stage trigger

Magpul Industries
MAG520 - MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1
MAG571 - Magpul PMAG 30 AR-15/M4 GEN M2 MOE 5.56X45mm NATO Magazine 30/rd Black Polymer
MAG626 - MOE® SL-K® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec

Troy Industries
SSIG-FBS-R0BT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - Rear Folding Sight
SSIG-FBS-FHBT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - HK Folding Sight - Front

Vortex Optics
AMG-HS02 - Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Gen II Holographic Sight

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Tcrowley

Our AR's are very close in components. Below is what I used.

You can't have too many AR's.

I'm kind of a trigger snob, and have been spoiled by Geissele triggers. They are a little pricey. You might want to try Rock River Arms triggers. They're not bad as far as price, and they're much better than the Milspec triggers. I've used two of the two stage Rock River triggers, they have a lighter pull and a cleaner break than the Milspec.

Aero Precision
APRH100305C - Billet Trigger Guard w/ Logo - Anodized Black
APRH100385C - AR15 Lower Parts Kit, Minus FCG/Trigger Guard/Pistol Grip
APAR700705M7 - Aero Precision M4E1 Barreled Upper, 16" 5.56 Mid-Length Barrel, ATLAS R-ONE 15" M-LOK HG
APRH100151C - Aero Precision AR15/M4 Carbine Buffer Kit

AIM Surplus
XAIMBCGNIBBDG - AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NIB 9310 MPI BOLT CARRIER GROUP - Nickel Boron Coating

Anderson Manufacturing
D2-K067-A005-0P - Anderson Stripped Lower Receiver, Spartan Molon Labe Logo, Anodized Black

Breek Arms
BRK522 - Breek Arms Warhammer AR Ambi Charging Handle

Fab Defense
PTK-M - front grip - FAB Defense Rubberized M-LOK Compatible Ergonomic Pointing Grip Combo Pack, Black, fx-ptkmcb

Geissele Automatics
05-101 - Geissele SSA Super Semi-Automatic 2 Stage trigger

Magpul Industries
MAG520 - MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1
MAG571 - Magpul PMAG 30 AR-15/M4 GEN M2 MOE 5.56X45mm NATO Magazine 30/rd Black Polymer
MAG626 - MOE® SL-K® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec

Troy Industries
SSIG-FBS-R0BT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - Rear Folding Sight
SSIG-FBS-FHBT-00 - Troy Battle Sight - HK Folding Sight - Front

Vortex Optics
AMG-HS02 - Vortex Optics Razor AMG UH-1 Gen II Holographic Sight

View attachment 243224

View attachment 243225
Man that thing looks awesome!! You are correct, just about the same pieces!! That's super funny. I dig the black too for sure. I have a Magpul vertical foregrip for it that is also FDE that I just have not thrown on yet. I will do that this week. I will definitely take a look at those triggers as well, thank you for the recommendation!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man that thing looks awesome!! You are correct, just about the same pieces!! That's super funny. I dig the black too for sure. I have a Magpul vertical foregrip for it that is also FDE that I just have not thrown on yet. I will do that this week. I will definitely take a look at those triggers as well, thank you for the recommendation!
This is what they look like, basic AR trigger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TCcrowley

Great Build. NIce Rifle! The Key is when building the Lower and putting the Trigger Pin is when putting the Trigger Pin in You must Depress the "Rear" of the Disconnector and Disconnector Spring "Down" in order to align the Hole in the Disconnector Hole with the Holes in the opposite side of the Trigger and the Hole in the opposite side of the Receiver. Also when installing a Hammer and Hammer Pin in a Receiver always put the Safety in the Fire Position.

Thank you!! I tried doing that and I just couldn't get it for the life of me with that disconnector, but for the next one, I will definitely try again. and okay good to know about the fire position when installing the hammer. Thank you for the advice! Very much appreciated!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice build!!! I built one using PSA parts a while back. Took a few hours and had to rewind the youtube video a few times but mine came out great and is a good shooter:

I actually prefer the 10rnd mags over the 30rnd...course I haven't been in any firefights with it either.

Only thing I'm thinking of changing is the grip, don't like the finger groove-thingies. I also have a Ruger AR556 and the grip doesn't have them, feels much better. I forget what brand rear sight I stuck on it but got it off Amazon and works great too.

·
Supporting Member
12,647 Posts
Tcrowley,

Just wanted to give you some information for you and the others here.

1. Regarding having issues lining up the Trigger and Disconnector.
My Senior Staff Instructor developed the Trigger and Hammer Guide Pin Tools in the picture for our Armorer Schools.
You can get them from KNS since they make them for us and for them!
*You simply start by putting the Slave Pin in the Thumb Button Pocket and push the Point of the Salve Pin through the Receiver then into the Trigger or Hammer all the way by pushing them in with the Thumb Button (Red) You leave them there and then put the Rifles Original Pins in the Thumb Button and push the Slave Pins out the other side.
*The Point of the Slave Pin was designed so it will push "UP" the "J Wire" or (J-Spring) in the Hammer with out damaging it.
Also another helpful hint.
When putting in the Trigger and Hammer Pin I suggest you put the Longer end from the Cut Notch in the Pin in First from Right to Left. That way the first Notch the "J Wire" comes to is the correct Notch for the J Wire to lock into place.
If you put the Short End in First it will Lock in the First Notch and then have to come out of it and go to the correct Notch in the Middle of the Hammer Pin.

2. If you want to improve the Trigger Pull of any good Trigger System. KNS makes the Anti Rotate Pin Hammer and Trigger Pins. It will smooth out any standard or National Match Trigger even like the Rock River Arms National Match 2 Stage Triggers. Because they do not allow any movement of the Hammer and Trigger Pin in the Rifle.

KNS Guide Pins.jpg
KNS Trigger Pin.jpg

And as Firestick advised the Rock River 2 Stage National Match Trigger is hard to beat and even for the Money!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Well since we’re sharing AR pics, I live in Texas and so this is my fIrst AR pistol I built back in February during the Ice Storm we had. I bought a LPK and a stock kit from Combat Armory in January. And then later towards the end of January I bought my stripped lower also from PSA 2 weeks before we were hit by the ice storm. And then I got it in, but because I was so busy with work I had to put off building for about a week and then after that week, the ice storm hit us and so I was off of work for like almost 5 days because we had about 4 feet of snow. And so I spent my time building my AR lower. A few weeks later, I headed over to PSA’s website and bought an upper and a week later it was assembled.

A few weeks later, I went to a gun show and picked up a brace for it and then again another few weeks pass and I picked up some 20 round pmags for it from my local academy and I have test fired it and so far she’s a shooter alright. A little pickey on certain mags it likes and doesn’t like, but other then that, she shoots. :)

Up until now I just been buying ammo whenever I see it reasonably priced.

93FAB083-57D6-407F-8BB9-6392609B49F8.jpeg

·
Supporting Member
12,647 Posts
PAN

Very nice build! Now all you need is a Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match Trigger for it! :)
If you have never used one they are fantastic and especially for the Price. Trigger Pull and Reset is fantastic on one! As in Firestick's Picture above! If you shop around you can usually find a good price on them.
What size Red Dot does your Optic have in it? I am not familiar with that Optic.

Reactions: PANDEMIC

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
PAN

Very nice build! Now all you need is a Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match Trigger for it! :)

Thank you! I have been thinking of putting a Match Trigger but haven’t come around to it just yet but it is indeed on the list of upgrades I wanna do.

If you have never used one they are fantastic and especially for the Price. Trigger Pull and Reset is fantastic on one! As in Firestick's Picture above! If you shop around you can usually find a good price on them.
What size Red Dot does your Optic have in it? I am not familiar with that Optic.

So it’s called Axeon, a $40 optic (red dot scope) kinda of like a red dot sight but built into a scope. I bought it from walmart years ago when I got my first AR and this is the 3rd AR it’s been on. Not sure what size the red dot is but to my knowledge it’s just a standard size red dot.

Elite Force Axeon Trisyclon - Red/Green/Blue Dot Sight Amazon.com : Elite Force Axeon Trisyclon - Red/Green/Blue Dot Sight : Sports & Outdoors

It’s $30 on Amazon, but it’s the exact one I have on that build. Holds up really good, I was gonna buy iron sights but I bought a traditional scope for my DMR and so this scope was just laying around as an extra optic and so I used it for this build. Nothing fancy, it’s just something to use since I do prefer some kind of optic rather then iron sights.

·
Supporting Member
12,647 Posts
I will guarantee you! Once you get one you will be spoiled. I have them in almost all of my Rifles.
The RRA 2 Stage NM Triggers have what is referred to as a 4.5 Lb. Total Trigger Pull.
First Stage = 1 Lb. of Free Travel and when you feel any resistance it is a 3.5 Lb. Pull Remaining to fire the Rifle.
And as mentioned the Reset for following Shots starts only back at the 3.5 Lb. Pull Point of Travel.
Keep us informed! The RRA if you shop around can be found for under $100.00. I have found them or rare occasion at around $75-$90. Retail today I believe is around $125 or slightly more.

Reactions: PANDEMIC
1 - 16 of 16 Posts