New AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mrBull, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mrBull

mrBull New Member

So tonight at the LGS I finally broke down @ got an AR. It is a spikes tactical M4 flattop w/ magpul flip up rear sight. I also picked up a Drago rifle bag, Magpul AFG2, hogue grip, Magpul CTR, 3 extra Magpul mags, & Magpul Bad Lever. After getting home I ordered Midwest industries 2 piece FF quad rail, Magpul ASAP, Raptor charging handle, blackhawk 2 point quick adj sling, @ Aimpoint PRO w/ killflash.

2. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Congrats! Enjoy shooting

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Post some pics up please! And congrats :)

4. mrBull

mrBull New Member

Here's some pics after installing the hogue grip & bad lever. Once I receive the rest of the parts I ordered I'll post pics w/ everything installed.

Attached Files:

5. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

+1 on the Raptor. I use them on most of my builds. I always liked the idea of being able to chamber a round with either hand. The Raptor is easily the slickest looking ambi charging handle made. The only one that doesn't stick out and jab you in the chest when being carried! Easy to get hold of reguardless of what optics you have. The offhand rake is real useful when I'm shooting lefty. ;)

Build looks great! Your definitely having too much fun!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

good looking AR! congrats on your first one. enjoy it.

i'd like some more info on the Drago rifle case you bought. i really like that one and would like more details about it.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Looks like a great system.

You plan on hunting varmints?

I love my M16A2-type for hunting

critters.

8. mrBull

mrBull New Member

Thanks for all the replies so here are a couple pics w/ the CTR. I was gonna wait & put it on w/ the other parts when they show up put couldn't wait.

I haven't used the Raptor charging handle before but it's nice to hear good great things about it since I spent $95 on it.

As for the Drago bag it's awesome if you don't mind waiting I go on leave Wednesday so I'll post a detailed review/pictures of the bag Thursday/Friday time frame.

Attached Files:

9. mrBull

mrBull New Member

I've been debating getting a light for the rifle but I don't have $300 for a surefire considering how much I've on everything else. What's some advice on lights & mounting options?

10. Squawk

Squawk New Member

+1 to your +1

I will only use Raptor on any future build.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

12. mrBull

mrBull New Member

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Broke down? Sounds like you jumped in with both feet to the tune of $2K!

I think you've set up a solid rifle. Now shoot it a bunch and take your time with additional decisions...because more are sure to come.

14. mrBull

mrBull New Member

I can't believe it either my wife has lost her mind or I have the most amazing wife in the world. She gave consent for me to drop $425 for a reloading setup. I feel like the most blessed husband in the world. Needless to say I didn't get the surefire light. Happy happy joy joy!!

15. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

I own the same drago 2 rifle case good product good quality I actually have mine packed with mags, ammo, AR, and survival stuff all fits quite nicely in it no complaints.

My. 02¢

16. Axxe55

any chance of getting some pictures? i saw MrBull's Drago bag and liked what i saw. i wa looking for something different than what i have now.

17. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Yeah give me like 20 mins putting my son to bed

18. Axxe55

not a problems and thanks!:D

how much are the Drago bags?

19. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

20. Axxe55