New AR pistol

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Powersportgiant, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Picked up this RRA LAR-PDS pistol today and can't wait for a range report. Anyone know much about these? I snagged it off armslist without much research.

Attached Files:

2. me762

me762 New Member

ForumRunner_20120806_184612.jpg

This is my rock river 7" and I love it. Its not the best ay anything but its pretty good at everything LOL

3. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

Not much, I believe they use a gas piston of some sort. I wanna get a drako ak pistol, and make a sbr out of it.

4. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

I have an ar pistol, and it sucks ass. I only shoot it off sandbags and a bench. One day I will have a sbr lower, so I am keeping it for now.

[​IMG]

5. Powersportgiant

Why is that? I'd like to know why you dislike it

6. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Have not seen that style of RR with the gas system. BUT I like it. What do they run? I have wanted a Sig 556 but have not pulled the trigger.

7. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

It doesn't have a stock. :eek:

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

how's it work without a buffer and recoil spring? :confused: Not a fan of the AR pistol in any case, just curious :eek:

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

9mm, .40 Cal or .45cal to run without one . I first noticed the small Mag

10. Powersportgiant

Nope it's 5.56. Piston system. 1:9 twist rate. That's a 20rd pmag but accepts all AR mags.

11. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

From what I understand, it uses a cut down bolt carrier . and a short stroke piston system.

12. me762

me762 New Member

the pistol lower is the best way to build an abr. That's what I'm doing as soon as the paperwork comes back its getting engraved and the stocks going on.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hmm must be the angle it looks skinny for some reason

14. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

Can it be done to one marked " pistol only"?

15. me762

me762 New Member

yes. Mine is right now. When you get the sbr engraving on it with I think my name I will remove it. Pistols can be turned into rifles anyway. You just can't turn a rifle into a pistol legally. So once the you have you sbr stamp your golden

16. me762

me762 New Member

Yeah it has a shorter bolt and an operating rod connected to a spring above the barrel at least I'm pretty sure. Take you bolt out and post a pic of it I would like to see how its set up