Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picked up this RRA LAR-PDS pistol today and can't wait for a range report. Anyone know much about these? I snagged it off armslist without much research.
Not much, I believe they use a gas piston of some sort. I wanna get a drako ak pistol, and make a sbr out of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an ar pistol, and it sucks ***. I only shoot it off sandbags and a bench. One day I will have a sbr lower, so I am keeping it for now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dfergus8 said:
I have an ar pistol, and it sucks ***. I only shoot it off sandbags and a bench. One day I will have a sbr lower, so I am keeping it for now.
Why is that? I'd like to know why you dislike it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have not seen that style of RR with the gas system. BUT I like it. What do they run? I have wanted a Sig 556 but have not pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Picked up this RRA LAR-PDS pistol today and can't wait for a range report. Anyone know much about these? I snagged it off armslist without much research.
how's it work without a buffer and recoil spring? :confused: Not a fan of the AR pistol in any case, just curious :eek:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
how's it work without a buffer and recoil spring? :confused: Not a fan of the AR pistol in any case, just curious :eek:
9mm, .40 Cal or .45cal to run without one . I first noticed the small Mag

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dog2000tj said:
Nope it's 5.56. Piston system. 1:9 twist rate. That's a 20rd pmag but accepts all AR mags.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dfergus8 said:
the pistol lower is the best way to build an abr. That's what I'm doing as soon as the paperwork comes back its getting engraved and the stocks going on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
me762 said:
the pistol lower is the best way to build an abr. That's what I'm doing as soon as the paperwork comes back its getting engraved and the stocks going on.
Can it be done to one marked " pistol only"?

·
Registered
33 Posts
dfergus8 said:
Can it be done to one marked " pistol only"?
yes. Mine is right now. When you get the sbr engraving on it with I think my name I will remove it. Pistols can be turned into rifles anyway. You just can't turn a rifle into a pistol legally. So once the you have you sbr stamp your golden

·
Registered
33 Posts
dfergus8 said:
From what I understand, it uses a cut down bolt carrier . and a short stroke piston system.
Yeah it has a shorter bolt and an operating rod connected to a spring above the barrel at least I'm pretty sure. Take you bolt out and post a pic of it I would like to see how its set up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts