new AR owner

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hawkguy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

just thought i'd drop a pic of my very first evil, nasty, black rifle. :D

haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. but it won't be much longer. i've always been a mini fan (i've got one that's a good shooter). well, actually....i still prefer wood & steel guns over black plastic....but i like the feel of my AR, and i think i'm really gonna like it. i'll update with a range report later.

S&W M&P 15 SPORT. forward rail & grip. that's all for now.....:D

Attached Files:

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Congrats and welcome to the evil black rifle owners club. Let us know how she shoots in the range report section when you take her out.

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Evil? When do I get my horns? (Nice rifle. Hope she provides much fun!)

4. hawkguy

thanks guys. i know a pic of a cheap AR isn't all that exciting....but i'm excited about it.

definately will come back with a range report. first few hundred will only be irons at 50 or so. then the saving for the optic begins....:eek: i'm sure i'll be bugging you guys A LOT when that time comes. :)

5. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

You can actually buy some relatively inexpensive red dot sights and scopes to start, but I'd recommend getting used to the iron sights first.
    And an AR in the hand is worth ten thousand in your dreams. If you have fun with it and enjoy it, that is what matters. You'll get afflicted, like the rest of us, and before you know it, you'll have a membership in the ARaholics just like the rest of us. Problem is, none of us want to be 'cured' of it!!

6. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Ooh good link mike, might get that sometime later :D

7. hawkguy

i;m definately gonna get to know my irons first. a few months down the road i'll likely be bugging you guys for optics opinions.

unfortunely, my homeboy has an eotech on his AR and i became quite fond of it! $$$$:eek:$$$$

8. hawkguy

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I was fond of them too until I saw the price tag.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

hawkguy, nice choice in the S&W Sport, you got a lot of rifle for the money. I'll be interested in how it compares to your Minis, no doubt there's room for both in the safe.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

we prefer to call them SUR's around here (sport utility rifle) ;) Congrats, shoot the piss out of it and enjoy :)

12. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Well at least he didnt say assault rifle.

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Agree. A grate rifle for the price. I have an m&p 15 I love it.

Attached Files:

14. hawkguy

thanks, quentin!

i already really like it & i haven't even got it out to the range yet!

i intend to make a post comparing the S&W to my mini as overall rifles. i think its a good opportunity since i paid almost exactly the same amount for both. i would say my prediction would be that the AR will be a little more accurate (my minis a pretty good shooter), and most everything else will be pretty close to the same (the main differences being preferences). but, we'll wait till i've had some time with my S&W to make the comparisons.

i think i'll really enjoy owning both.

15. hawkguy

thanks, can't wait to get my "SUR" out to the range.

16. hawkguy

WHAT? it isn't an assault rifle? %$#@, i feel ripped off now! the guy at the counter promised me it was! dirty salesman! :D

still.... looking..... for that full auto switch.....:confused:

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Now you've done it :eek: they are going to be watching you now :cool:

18. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

the guy in the black van with the sunglasses on at night wants your neighbors to know he and his friends are mobile proctologists and you asked for the exam...

19. CK3

CK3 New Member

Very nice...