New AR owner

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by redman4264, Feb 9, 2014.

1. redman4264

redman4264 New Member

Just got my first black rifle! A s&w m&p 15. Man I love this thing! I had the chance to put 90 round through yesterday and she runs perfectly. I had a blast with a couple of my friends who also shoot ar's.

Thanks for all the info on this site. Your information has proven invaluable over the last month in making my decision to purchase.

Attached Files:

2. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

Redman, this site and The Firing Line sites are pretty good, the posters will help you when possible. The AR 15 and M 4 sites have a lot of good info but the folks tend to argue with each other over all issues. Be prepared for the comments if you go there but many of them do like your S&W 15. That rifle is well made and should last for many thousands of rounds so your choice, in my opinion, is A+.

3. redman4264

redman4264 New Member

I have read over the AR 15 and M 4 forums and I tend to not like those in general because I don't agree with the attitude of some of the people on there. When someone comes on with a DPMS or Bushy or similar AR they get told it is no good and they should of went with a $2000 AR. They seem to act like if you didn't break your bank then you don't have a real weapon. This gets my nerves good, the last thing someone new to the community needs to hear is they are sub par. I don't tend to see that here which is why I registered.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, ANY AR is better than NO AR, right? I'd take any one that somebody wanted to give me.

5. SkilletFan24

SkilletFan24 New Member

Heck I built my AR for $470 and it runs fine. Don't let anyone tell you that you need to spend at least $1000 for a good AR. Glad you're liking yours by the way. AR's are fun rifles :D

6. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Congrats on your new AR! Warning.. it will invite it's friends into your home/ safe. :)