new ar build complete

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by unknownhero82, Aug 6, 2010.

1. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

ok i just got my ar parts and completed my second build...right now it's just basic...nothing fancy on it...yet :D it's a rock river arms lower with dpms parts kit and a 2stage trigger at about 4lbs. the upper is a 16" yhm with a 1 in 7 twist, chrome lined, yhm xl specter quad rail, with a phantom 5c2 flash hider and pop up sights....soon i'll be ordering a magpul single/ 2point sling with ambi buttplate ring, and magpul extended trigger guard and hopefully find a niice aimpoint with mount at a good price along with a niice surefire light with pressure pad and mount at a good price other then that here she is :D

and just alil comparison...my second ar over my first...BIIIIGGGG difference in size and weight...the second is a 24" stainless bull barrel....damn upper weighs 10lbs on that stick...my second one weighs 10lbs when it's fully loaded...with coupled 40round mags lol

Attached Files:

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice! Can we expect a range report in the near future?

3. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

hopefully soon yes :)

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great looking stick(s)! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You did good, them are a couple of lookers! :)

You are all set now to "roll and rock."

Be careful, don't shoot a damn toe off! ;)

6. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

thank you thank you :) it's niice to be around people that appricate a good stick :D so i was at my local gun shop and i saw a light with mount and pressure pad for $45...it's no surefire light sadly:( it was a utg tactical light...any thoughts on this brand or product? heres the link for it

UTG Tactical Light

good? bad?

7. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

very nice build. if you dont mind me askin how much did your stick cost

8. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

don't mind at all...the lower and parts ran me around $310, and the upper (along with 4 40rd mags +shipping) ran me $820, the foregrip i had already but orginally cost me like $15...and i just picked up an aimpoint clone off of www.vaguntraders.com for $75 with a mount included...i'm about to order the magpul ms2 sling along with the ambi sling mount, swivel sling mount for the quadrail, new stock/grip combo, B.A.D lever, and magpul trigger guard for like $280....and the only thing i need to find now is a nice light with a pressure pad that will fit my foregrip...i want a surefire but i'm alil low on cash after all that lol
    so all in all so far its run me $1205 but once i order all that other stuff it'll be $1485...pretty expensive...but it'll be excatly the way i want it :D

i'll post more pics once i mount the aimpoint clone :)

9. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

update

ok...went and looked at the aimpoint clone...turned it on and all...and i didn't see anything wrong with it...so i handed over $75 and it was mine :D and now here are some pics with it...and a sexy 1911/AR-15 combo :eek: ooh yeah i went there :p

Attached Files:

10. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

and that's 4 40rd mags, 5 30rd mags and 3 8rd mags...i think i'm pretty set to rock and roll..old skool style :D

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice! Gotta love an AR and a 45 side by side!

I'm old school too... :D

[​IMG]

12. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

now thats a beautiful site to behold :)

13. unknownhero82

unknownhero82 New Member

here's some more pics of the new ar with some new mods :)

Attached Files: