New antenna idea for truck

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by GonzoLonzo, Apr 21, 2014.

1. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I've looked into the crystal ball and I see a lot of stolen antenna's. :)

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Pretty neat, but with that said I don't know if I would buy one myself but that's because I don't think if would look good on my jeep but that's personal opinion.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Read the reviews. There is at least some loss of reception, as there is with any stubby unit. I guess this is a case where size does matter.......... :D

6. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

HaHa, I was waiting for that one. It's still funny though.:D

7. Axxe55

that is my point. i got one of those stubby little rubber ones that looked really cool many years ago. i lost lots of radio reception. i put the factory one back on.

8. kfox75

Did the same thing myself once. A friend of mine gave me the the shorty from his truck when my full size got snapped off by a tree limb in his back yard. I ran it for about 3 days before I was down at the local you pull it getting a full size replacement. My current one picks up signal from downtown Buffalo in my driveway in Erie. Not the best signal, but you can still listen to it. When i am at the NY house, I can get strong signal from both cities.

Still, the stub was better than GM's old windshield units. those things took sucks to a whole new level.

9. Axxe55

several of my older Trans Ams and other older Pontiacs had the windshield antennas and they did alright.

10. kfox75

don't know what it was, but the ones in my 78 K5 Blazer, and my 82 K20 P\U didn't work well at all. I wound up converting them to aftermarket sticks, and they worked fine. Then again, by the time I bought both trucks, they were starting to peel off the windshield. Probably had a lot to do with it. The only one I ever saw work right was the one in my uncle's 78 C10 Heavy Half he picked up while stationed at Mountain Home Idaho. If I remember right, he added a signal booster to it while he was stationed out there.

Either way, they still worked better than the factory radio and antenna set ups from Chrysler (had them in 2 Dakotas and an Aires) in the late 80s. With an aftermarket radio, I could pick up some of the Toronto and Niagara Falls stations clearly while almost to the NY\PA Border. With the factory set up, I would lose them by the time I was passing Dunkirk NY on the Thruway.

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

They were NOT stuck on the windshield, they were IN it !................

12. kfox75

Thanks Tom. Now I know that both trucks were oin at least their second windshields. That explains a lot.

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I had a CravenSpeed stubby on my Tundra I currently have one on the wife's Sienna. The reception was horrible. Of course I use a flash drive for my music so it really doesn't matter.

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Hey... Wheres the International ones?? :(

Oh.. I see they only fit new vehicles.... :mad:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014