New ammo

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by kymike, Oct 15, 2011.

1. kymike

kymike New Member

Took the day off yesterday and went the range. Tried out Hornady's new superformance 22/250. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. I was doing half inch groups at 100yds. I'm having trouble finding a store that sells and keeps in stock 22/250. I ordered 2 boxes of this ammo online at sportsmansguide. Shipped quickly I like that.

2. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

Kentucky Mike (did I get that right?),

Did you, are you able to check the muzzle velocity of the new Hornady stuff? And was the accuracy you got the same, better, or worse than your other favorite loads? Thanks....

3. kymike

kymike New Member

You did get it right. I wasn't able to check velocity. I have tried four recommended loads and this was my favorite by far.

4. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

Thanks Mike,

From the hype about this new performance ammunition, it appears Hornady has come up with some favorable science. I just haven't read or know of anyone who has so far completed the testing in comparison for accuracy and velocity in the specific flavor for the 308 precision rifle.

One of our instructors was able to snatch 2 boxes at a gun show recently. He shipped one to me, then it was lost in shipping!?! He needs another week or so before he can setup a test for the other box.

Thanks for the range report on the accuracy you got, that helps.