Firearms Talk banner

New AK Owner

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jjfuller1 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got an Century International Arms AK-47 WASR 10/63. :D

I sighted it in at 100 yards then shot a 2.125" 3 shot group, unfortunately Photobucket is buggy right now and I can't upload the image... but here is a video of some shots at 250 and 400 yards.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Y_7LqTVo"]AK-47 First Longish Range Shots[/ame]

I was using TulAmmo 122gr HP, average velocity was about 2350fps. I was planning on reloading the ammo for this but that is pretty good precision.

I need to get or make a sight tool as to heighten the front sight, it hits about 8 inches high at 100 yards.

I like it a lot; and now need to become proficient with it's operation.

#8 ·
I just got a WASR 10/63 a few weeks ago. The two magazines I of with it were complete trash but contacted Century and they got me two brand new ones. Tapco magazines still work best from what I've seen. Other than the initial magazines, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase!

#9 ·
It sounds as if their quality has improved greatly from all the trash I've heard about them in the past. I shot Downsouth's, and loved it. I may have to rethink an SKS... IDK...

#10 ·
I just got a WASR 10/63 a few weeks ago. The two magazines I of with it were complete trash but contacted Century and they got me two brand new ones. Tapco magazines still work best from what I've seen. Other than the initial magazines, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase!
The mags I use work wonderfully as well as the ProMag 30rd polymer mag I bought recently.

#14 ·
AK's are a great stress reliever. Go buy 1k of ammo. It goes fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.