New AK on order from Classic Arms.....

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by bartwatkins, Dec 22, 2011.

1. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Just wanted to let all of you know that I have ordered the Romanian M-10 AK-47 (the one with the Tapco stock, trigger group & tactical rail as the foregrip). I have not rec'd it yet but it is in transit to my LGS here. Shipped UPS ground so I may have it before Christmas (not sure though). I will snap some pics when it comes in. Excited about joining the AK club. Also hoping that this one was a good choice as far as reliability goes....

2. nfafan

nfafan New Member

So, did Kalashni Klaus show up for Xmas?

3. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

I got one for Christmas. 360 rounds later, I am still smiling. Out of the box it needed one turn of windage on the rear site and we were good to go at 50 yards with 3"groups off hand. Didn't get more than 60 rounds myself, once I fired it, a line formed to shoot it. Everyone enjoyed it. I can't wait to get more time behind the trigger and dial it in at longer range! :D

4. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Yes, and I am loving it...
    I took my two boys (14 & 11) to the range yesterday and we burned up 210 trouble free rounds. Not a single FTF or misfire. Was shooting Tul steel case FMG 125gr ammo.
    It was also a bit more accurate than I expected. I have heard stories that AK's are not all that accurate. But it immediatly, out of the box was shooting 3" groups at 50 yards and we were able to hit galllon milk jugs at 100 yards with the iron sights. I had the elevation mis-adjusted at first (due to the meters to yards conversion - as my math stinks) and I was shooting high at 100 yards. took me 5 shots to zero on the 1st milk jug. My 14 year old hit his in 2 shots. Can't ask for any better than that in my opinion!!!
    I will take & post some pics....

5. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

Happy to hear of another M10-762 owner with a similar (if not exact) experience with the firearm.

Even the wife got into shooting the M10-762. She names everything, so this gun was christened "MOM" because she thought the 'M+M' on the rail looked like "MoM" How many AKs are there in the world named "mom" ?!?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Cool!
    My wife is saying that she wants to go shooting with the guys the next time we go (and she wants to shoot the M10, as well). I figure it's a win/win if I can get her interested in shooting. She will not question my purchases as much :)

7. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

Search YouTube for "Colleen AK47" you should find my wife unloading the last 10 rounds from the M10-762

8. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Thanks! I found it - pretty cool!
    I let my wife watch it to.

9. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I have finally snapped some pics....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

What scope mount did you go with?
    Can you still use the iron sights?

I put a micro red-dot on mine. I was impressed when I shot a ragged hole less than the size of a quarter at 50 yards with 10 rounds.

But the red-dot blocks the iron sights- so I am looking for a mount.

11. towboater

towboater Active Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

It's a UTG mount that I ordered from Classic Arms. But no, I cannot use the iron sights, it blocks them.

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

A very old American made B-West AK 47. These old prebans were well made rifles.:D

[​IMG]

14. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

That's really nice...
    I want a PSL next.

15. GateMcBate

GateMcBate New Member

I never bought a gun online. And im in the market for a ak. Any web sites you rec would be great.

16. towboater

towboater Active Member

17. GateMcBate

GateMcBate New Member

I like it. How does the ffl transfer work do i call my lgs first and talk to them then order online?

18. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I recommend Classic Arms too. That is who I got my AK from. If you navigate on their site to the 'Terms & Condistions' page, it will explain how to do it.
    Basically (long story, short) they want the FFL license from your LGS on file 1st, before you place an order with Classic Arms. But they already have multiple FFL's on file from many places around the country. If I were you, I would call Classic Arms 1st and give them the zip code of your LGS and they can check their database to see if the have that co's paperwork already on file. But if they don't already have it, you will then need to get your LGS to fax them a copy of their FFL license. Once Classic Arms has that on file, you can then place your order. They ship pretty quickly too.

19. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

My AMD-65 has a Tapco fire group.
    Nice pictures nice AK.:)
    [​IMG]

20. tchick

tchick New Member

I just ordered one of the Saiga AK's from Classic Arms. Before you place your order have whoever will be doing the FFL transfer fax a copy of their license to Classic Arms so they can put it on file. Then place your order and put the FFL's info in the shipping section when you place your order. My experience was smooth and pain free. I don't know how fast the shipping was because I was out of town for a week when I placed my order and it was waiting for me when I returned.