New AK 47

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by synical, Jul 7, 2012.

1. synical

synical New Member

Hey I picked up my new Ak 47c yesterday its an Interordnance sporter model. Its brand new American made 7.62x39mm I have not gotten to shoot it yet but I have heard good things about this AK!

Attached Files:

2. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Nice looking gun, be sure to give us a range report after you do some shooting with it.

3. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Very nice looking, I particularly like the butt stock on it. May I ask how much that set you back?

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Synical,

Very Nice! As requested we will be waiting on a Range Report!

5. synical

synical New Member

thanks guys. I have to break her down and clean her good before I go shoot her it came with a warning label saying it has heavy grease in it and before shooting it needs to be cleaned. I just got it yesterday but as soon as I get it clean I will give a range report. the company Inter ordanance bosts that it does 2" groups at 100 yards but I will find out and you cant beat a lifetime warranty! oh and I payed $565.00 for it. also before you guys say I paid too much remember its brand new not a post war clean up! And it was made in NC the good ole USA!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a nice rifle for less than $600. If it holds to the 2" grouping I think you got yourself a real nice addition to the safe there. ;)

JD

7. synical

synical New Member

yeah speaking of safe I have room in it still however with the AR all tacked out and the AK it takes up like three or four spots so i think I need a bigger safe! lol

8. SSCRS

SSCRS New Member

Good luck man. IO is very hit or miss. I have two friends that both had to warranty there rifle at least 2 times, and ended up just ripping it apart and rebuilding it on a new receiver.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I thought the American I.O. Inc was as good as Arsenal when it came to AK's? :confused:

10. SSCRS

SSCRS New Member

Not at all. Arsernal basically does saiga conversions, which use real ruskie barrels,trunions and receiver, combined with a mix of Bulgarian and us parts to meet 922r.

I really hope it works out, but you NEED to inspect the rivets on the reciever. If there is any seperation or distortion there can be serious issues.

11. synical

synical New Member

well the company says 2" groups at 100 yrds. so we will see if they hold up to their name! if not it has a lifetime warranty!

12. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

Made is USA and under 600$ what's wrong with it? As many other things I come across that are gun specific made in the US tend to be.....HIGH priced. I'd go with a 74 muzzle brake! That seems more likely to do so than the slant brake. Good luck and I'm jealous cause NY seems to not be on the ship to list cause I've checked them out and they won't ship it my way. People's Republic of New York"city" which that tiny little island dictates everything. Clearly no surprise

13. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

Didn't mention and why I said 74 muzzle brake cause on my junk WASR with 74 brake and red dot I've had best group and good shooting day of 6" ish group at 100yd or so, but more usually a I like to say WNBA basketball size group which with an AK if in any case would be good enough for me

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  14. synical

synical New Member

took the new AK to the range today and she performed like a champ! my shoulder is a little sore cause she kicks like a mule but other than that no feeding probs or firing probs and she was on target! Also tried some Tula ammo in my AR-15 and she chewed it up and asked for more! I am ready now for the zombies or Chinese to try and take over lol :D