New Addition

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by dunerunner, Aug 23, 2009.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Since I was visiting in N. California and Cabela's new store at Boomtown in Nevada is only 100 miles away I figured why not take a Sunday drive.

Look what I found!! Savage 10LCF .308 Chote for $649.99

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

It won't be until the end of September before I can get a range report for you guys....personally, I can't wait to get Optics mounted and get to the range!! :D BSEG!!

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Dunner that's a nice find and so is the price you paid! :eek:

Jack

3. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

One of hell of a sunday drive!
    I love bolt actions. I just need to pick me up one. I'm thinking in 22LR, since there isnt rifle hunting in my county. Something to plink with!
    I'm jealous!

S.S.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dune nice rifle.

Did I ever tell you that I hate your effing guts. that was one hell of a steal.

What optics are going on that sucker and what twist is it running?

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Tango, thanks?

1:10 stock twist .308 Win Heavy barrel and although I would want to put a nice Leopold MKIV or Burris XTR 12X on her she will probably get the BSA I bought for my Mini-14, temporarily.

If I had only been thinking when I was at Cabela's, the Burris Rep. was there, I could have gotten her outfitted and wouldn't have had to ask permission.....I let that window of opportunity slip by!!

DOH.jpg

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That rifle ain't gonna shoot worth a dam you should send it to me. I will take that hunk of junk off your hands and not even charge you for it.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Give me till the end of September to get her home and scoped up and I'll post a range report. We'll see what kind of shooter she is!!!!

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Me likie!

Nice addition Scott! [​IMG]

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is that a new CHOTE stock? I kind of like it. I like the placement of the sling studs and think that is perfect for drag/carry.

.308 Savage for $649?? That is a hell of a price to be honest.

Optics, you really need a good scope to get the best out of the weapon. I am looking forward to see how it shoots out of the box, before you start messing with the performance.

What are your hopes/goals?? What do you expect it to shoot?

What are your future plans and what do you plan on doing to it?

Nice Find!

JD

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Damn! That's a nice rifle. And you stole it too! I'll bet that baby LOVES 168gr. Berger VLD bullets over 45.5 gr. of Varget using Fed.210 primers...:D

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations Dune. Next time you're cruising down I-80, let me know, I'm in Sac, I'll buy the coffee.

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

How about just before the Tea Party at the Capitol? Know a good coffee shop? Rubicon Brewery is Downtown!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Is that what you're feeding your DPMS LR-308?

Just looked at their page http://www.bergerbullets.com/ and it looks like the 210 VLD would be better with the 1:10 twist of the rifling in the 10 LCF

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It could be tough. I have to teach a class and then jam over to the Tea Party. Parking is going to be a PITA. Then I have a doctors appointment at 3PM and a meeting at 7:30. It's a fairly full day.

If I can get my co-worker to take the class, then it's a go. :cool: You've got my number.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

That is a beautiful rifle. I think the bolt handle might actually be larger than the shift knob on my last car.

16. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Yes, with that formula my LR308 made a .40" 3 shot group. I got that formula from an extensive article on the most accurate loads for the .308. You probably would get better accuracy from the 210gr. VLD Berger. I've never tried anything that heavy in my LR308, although it too has a 1:10 twist. They are expensive ($37/100) but they have the highest BC of any bullet made. They are also recommended for hunting!

17. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I'm not reloading yet, I have decided I can't continue to rely on my friends to reload for me...just doesn't sit right with me even though I buy the dies, primers, bullets and powder, they do the work.

Reloading my own brass will be step 4, after optics for the Savage.

Looking at a Lee Delux Kit, then there are all the other goodies to buy!!

18. J33Nelson

J33Nelson New Member

They have the same rifle at the Cabela's in my town. It is a nice looking rifle but I couldn't believe how heavy it is. I thought it was pushing 15 lbs and that is with out a scope. I really hope you don't have to carry it long distances. If you do I would invest in a radio flyer or something. :) The gun does have a very nice action and stock and I almost gave in to temptation and bought it but I found self control and am still saving up for my Ed Brown Kobra Carry handgun.