New addition to the family

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by rockratt, Apr 28, 2014.

1. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My dad came over yesterday so I could put brakes on his Exploder. When we (I) were done we started digging thru the gun safe. I pulled out my R1S and he looked at it and said " I always wanted a gun like this but never could afford it". To which I replied "you can afford that one"
    Him: What do you mean?
    Me: Here's the box it came in, the 2 mags full and when you decide to shoot it come back because I have some plinking rounds that are cheaper to shoot than the ones in it. By the way it is loaded. What a deal???? I get a sore back and he leaves with a gun.:D
    I can't have an empty hole in the gun safe so I called an LGS this morning and had them put my name on the gun in the attachments. Told him I would be by after work to pay for it. While I am standing there doing the paper work I am thinking that thing looks short. Duhh it's a commander model.

Attached Files:

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Very nice, congrats on the addition

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Rockratt congrats on the new Ruger,they're some very fine 1911s! :cool:

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Congrats on the new Ruger, but an even bigger congratulation on doing something that nice for your father.

You'll be just fine! You can hold your head high.

5. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

You're a good son! Very nice!

6. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Thank you folks!!!! My mom is in the mid stages of Lou Gehrigs and he has become primary care giver. He deserves a he!! of a lot more for sure.

7. targa

targa New Member

Very nice 1911 but it fails in comparison to what you did for your dad....very, very nice.

8. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

From the title of the thread I thought it was going to be a dog or something.

Very nice pistol indeed! and a very nice deed you did for your father:cool: