new addition to the ccw stable

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JonM, Aug 29, 2013.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is 1911 #6 and colt 1911 #4

well i just got this colt lightweight commander yesterday. one more ccw to add to my rotation.

[​IMG]

it came with ambi extended safeties. i detest ambi safeties and making them extended is even worse. first thing i did was slap in a standard safety and have a colt brushed stainless on order. ive never understood the desire for ambi especially on a carry gun where it can get swiped off so easy. the extended just bites into my hand on shooting them. so it had to go.

one thing about modern current production colts is they feed EVERYTHING including empty cases. load up a mag with empty 45acp cases and it will hand cycle them all.

hopefully will find time to try it out this weekend.

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Very nice addition!!! Very jealous.:(

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Very nice,congrats on the LW Commander!

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Jon if i remember correctly the only difference between the LW & the Combat was the weight, and it was reduced from the slide...Pretty gun,..enjoy her. Makes me want to take my gold cups out of the safe and shoot them this weekend...

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Slide is the same frames are aluminum to save weight for edc.

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I saw a few of those this week. Sweet looking guns. Congrats!

8. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

I have yet to own a Colt 1911. This is making me one to get one sooner rather than later.

9. DrFootball

Colt is running full pages ads in all the Gun Mags for the 1911 & their AR's,...THink they are losing $$ from sales of other brands to consumers?

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun. Congrats.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice & and the aluminum won't rust.

12. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

That's because they take so long to make a 1911.
    The last time I looked on gallery of guns they didn't have any in stock. But that does not mean anything .

13. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Nice gun , I wanted to get one of the light weights because they do have the ambi safety's .
    Because I am left handed.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you land a colt with a non ambi i know someone that will be willing to trade safeties heh

they sell FAST. colt mills theirs the old way almost no mim parts.

GET ONE!! they really are the best sub 2000$ 1911's out there. used to not be the case in the 80's. but colt got their act together nowadays and these things just plain work as they should. colt says if it doesnt run out of the box send it back. if you get one like that they send it to the custom shop for a going over and you get back a 100% gun. no "break in" period needed.

i doubt it. they cant really keep up with demand. my local lgs gets colt in on a almost weekly basis and ive never seen one sit more than a week while the ruger springfield remington sig etc 1911's tend to spend a month or more on the shelves.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

just ordered these grips for my new ccw

[​IMG]

16. DrFootball

Now those are nice!!!!!

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

Just checked out her site. She does some nice work, and its fairly affordable. I like that she offers a slender series.

19. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Those are nice grips what are they?

I am looking also for a set of grips but I want them to Have Something to do with US Army .

20. DrFootball

maybe she will carve a custom set for you Sarge...too bad i'm married,..where were all these hotties when i was single and healthy??