New acquisition, AMT Lightning Pistol

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Overkill0084, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I recently came into possession of an AMT Lightning pistol. There seems to be very little in the way of information out there about it. It seems to be a Ruger MK2 knockoff. (Wikipedia states that it prompted a lawsuit) Anyway, it has an excellent trigger and shoots nicely.
    It came in the original box with one magazine. I was wondering if there was anyone who had additional info about them. I would really love some PDFs of the supporting documentation.
    Also, will Ruger MK2 magazines work in these things? Or for that matter, MK3, I have one of those already, but I understand that there were changes made with the MK3 that might preclude their use.

Attached Files:

• AMT2.jpg
      AMT2.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

The AMT Lightning pistol was made from 1984-87, in Standard and Bullseye models...
    10-shot mags, and barrel sizes available were 5", 6.5", 8.5", & 10".
    Millet Adjustable Sights...Checkered Pachmeyr Rubber grips and stainless finish.

There was also a 16 & 1/2" barrel with shoulder stock conversion kit...some folks just liked the really long barrel...
    [​IMG]

Comparison pic...
    [​IMG]

Bullseye edition...note the Charles Bronson Wildey rail look...lol
    [​IMG]

Sad thing, they were more precise than the Ruger models they copied...probably why Ruger sue'd 'em...lol
    Hope that helps a little...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012