New 5.0 mustang shifters?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ZombieBrawler, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Hi there folks, wondering if anyone has they're hands on one of those new mustang 5.0's with a manual trans. Love my mustang to death but that shifter is god awful!!! So, has anyone used any of the aftermarket shifters for them, i have my eyes on the mgw for the mt82, is looks great! Excited for a white ball and orange stripes! Thanks!

image-3443733790.jpg

Had hid's done allready :)

image-1926134997.jpg

Tjin edition <3

2. fupuk

fupuk New Member

No I dont but that is a sweet looking Ford.

3. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Thank you sir, Neil Tjin does a great job!

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I have an 07, the 'leather' on my shifter just started coming loose, I may change it if I don't reglue it.

5. davva360

davva360 New Member

Here's my Mustang. It's a 2011 V6 manual. Love it. The shifter is pretty good in mine.

image-1008322252.jpg

6. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Looks good! Got lucky huh? I just went ahead and ordered the MGW shifter, excited for some good shifts!

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I know what you mean. I have always hated the shifter. That's the only thing I don't like. You will love the MGW. That's usually the first thing people do to there mustang. For a good reason if you ask me.

8. davva360

davva360 New Member

Let me know how that goes for you. If its not too tricky I may look into it myself. Just cos mine is pretty good it doesn't mean it couldn't be improved with a shorter throw.

9. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I think someone stole one of your stripes ;-)

10. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Hahaha, By jove, I think you're right.

Mine has two !

[​IMG]

11. luckyj

luckyj New Member

image-1018962517.jpg

I have a hurst short throw in mine. Although, it's not running at the moment. Just installed the vortech v3 supercharger a couple of weeks ago and the sct programmer they sent me is defective. Sent it back to them and anxiously awaiting the replacement so I can take it for a spin!

12. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Nice! I have the v3 si trim black edition and its awsome! Allthough i pretty much run a neutered street tune at 6lbs these days its still running 625 at the crank 0.0 youll be happy with it theyre great!

13. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Hey it has two stripes! Just off set :p

14. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Sweet! That's what I'm going to be running on mine as well. I really like those stripes man.

15. luckyj

luckyj New Member

That's a nice ride, sir.

16. austin92

austin92 New Member

Shifters in the new camaros are nice

17. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

That's the only thing nice about them. Lol

18. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Very cool, they look great when blacked out like it was almost factory installed! If you google "tjin edition 2011 mustang" you can look for some motor pics of it, i have the covers ect off the motor right now so i wasnt going to bother with a pic right now. And thank you!

19. luckyj

luckyj New Member

I just checked those pictures out and you are right. It does look great. I'm going to have to check in to that. I'm digging how clean it is!

20. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Haha. I wouldn't mind owning one... If there was no such thing as a Mustang.