New .45 ACP

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Firearms4ever, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I've been looking into a new .45 ACP handgun to purchase, and I've narrowed it down to the XD .45 Compact, Glock 30, Kimber Pro Carry, or Kimber Ultra Carry. I'm going to be using the firearm to carry on my hip in the winter/fall along side my 1911 in my shoulder holster, and also to use a range firearm. What are y'alls opinions or suggestions?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I would look at the Super Carry Pro for hip carry.

If you go with the Ultra, don't forget to carry a bobby pin with ya! :eek:

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I like the idea of primary and secondary carry pieces using the same mags.

Glock and 1911 do not.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Two guns, two Kimbers, two Colts, two Glocks, same mags. :cool:

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I have been very happy with my XD45, but it isn't the compact model. I don't carry, other than the car.

The XD45 has been unfailing in its reliability with Winchester, Blazer, Remington UMC, and Federal ammo. It is as accurate as i can be.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've got an XD45 that I would trust my life to without a doubt but I've also got a Kimber Pro Carry HD that gets the same ranking. If you are familiar with a 1911 and want a second weapon, why not just get another one?

7. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Ok you got my attention, why a bobby pin? Not to inflate your ego too much reading your most of your replying to other members I have found you to be a straight shooter (no pun intended) so....why the bobby pin?

8. Double_tap

Double_tap New Member

If you go with the Glock 30 spend the little bit of extra money and get the 30sf "slim frame" trust me youll love it once you get it

9. utf59

utf59 New Member

Since it's accompanying a 1911, I'd get another 1911. I — personally — don't want to have to worry about two "operating systems" when the SHTF. Interchangeability of magazines is also a big plus.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I know it is not in your short list but I am just going to throw my opinion in, I mean it is the interwebz after all.

I say you should look at an M&P45.:D

Attached Files:

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

its an exact copy of the xd minus the safety and trigger

12. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

13. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I believe Mr. Cane is referring to the takedown "tool" required on Kimber bull barrels.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/213/213581.jpg

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Gator, you got it. I just don't understand why Kimber designed such a system for a PD gun??

I'll stick with my Colt Defender that doesn't require a special tool for field striping. [​IMG]

15. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member