New 3" Ruger LCRX

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by mag318, Nov 24, 2014.

1. mag318

mag318 Member

Ruger announced today a new addition to their LCR line. It'a an LCRX with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights in 38 Special. I'd really like to see Ruger produce this in 327 Magnum. The 3" LCRX will be well received though and I'm sure all the other calibers will follow.

2. Tarcante

Tarcante New Member

New 3in LCRx

I wouldn´t like the LCRx in a 3" barrel for a .357 mag. A 4" barrel will be better for a .357 mag. but not a 3". The .357 mag. is a slow burning round that needs a longer barrel to reach its full kinetic energy.

3. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

True, but some ammo manufacturers make loads specifically for shorter barrels. Using faster-burning powders can improve velocities in short barrels. The extra inch may not seem like much, but it makes a huge difference in accuracy at longer ranges. I have a Ruger Speed Six with a 2.75-inch barrel that does incredible things at 25 yards.

4. remi123

remi123 New Member

Does it shoot plus p this would be a good gun for the ladies and yes it should have started 357 and gone back down!~

5. stag556

stag556 New Member

Yep it does shoot +p

Model Number: 5431 | Caliber: 38 Spl +P

Finish: Matte Black, Synergistic Hard Coat Grip: Hogue® Tamer™ Monogrip®
    Front Sight: Replaceable, Pinned Ramp Rear Sight: Adjustable Black Blade
    Barrel Material: Stainless Steel Cylinder Finish: Ionbond Diamondblack™
    Barrel Length: 3.00" Overall Length: 7.50"
    Height: 5.80" Width: 1.28"
    Weight: 15.70 oz. Capacity: 5
    Twist: 1:18.75" RH Grooves: 6
    MA Approved & Certified: No CA Approved: No
    Suggested Retail: $529.00

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It would be nice for the revolver to hold six shots. I can see the new Ruger being purchased by people with problems racking a slide. Given the loss of pressure to the cylinder gap the +P 38spl isn't going to do a lot more than a 380 that is capable of 6+1 or more shots.

7. mag318

mag318 Member

Finally got to handle the new LCRx 3" at a local shop and it felt good in hand. That said it is one ugly revolver, the looks of it just turned me off. I'll bet they sell well though, especially when they become available in other calibers.