Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
First trip to range with mine today. Shoots great, takes some getting used to as my other pistol is a SR40

One thing, any kind of hollow point seems to jam pretty consistently. When 22lr hits the shelves again I'll be sticking with the round noses, Remington's cheap ones work well. Any ammo recommendations?

image-3784220531.jpg

Target distance 25 ft

Attachments

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Wow really cool!
I have(had) a 22/45, I put a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite bbl on it. Even though it's substantially longer than the stock bbl it weights about nothing. I am currently looking around for a MKII so I can put the 22/45 back together stock. Maybe I"ll have ot look in a different direction though.:)

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
What ammo are you using that is getting the jams? I had problems with mine (when stock) with Remington and some Winchester bulk stuff. I have run literally thousands of rounds of Federal bulk and had next to no issues. 22's are a little weird when it comes to ammo. It seems no two are the same in what they like, It's a pretty good idea to get a few different types and see what it likes to eat.:)

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
DrumJunkie said:
What ammo are you using that is getting the jams? I had problems with mine (when stock) with Remington and some Winchester bulk stuff. I have run literally thousands of rounds of Federal bulk and had next to no issues. 22's are a little weird when it comes to ammo. It seems no two are the same in what they like, It's a pretty good idea to get a few different types and see what it likes to eat.:)
Winchester you nailed it. I think it is probably a little that a little break in by 10/22 was finicky at first now it's an ammo pig (eats anything)

The tolerances on this gun are impressive, I can understand if it is more picky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts