NEW (2011!) PRODUCTION Mosin-Nagants and SKS!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Joshua M. Smith, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Very cool! Now, how can I get one to Mississippi?

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Don't get me wrong because I think it is a cool idea but I have one question. Can they be produced and sold for the cost of surplus rifles? If not, what is the point?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Honestly, i would drop a bit extra for a brandspankinnew SKS, were it similar enough to my current Chinese SKS in quality & toys (i can ALWAYS roast marshmallows). I just didn't see any US companies listed as "partners".

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I opened the link and went to the M91/30, looked like a Mitchells Mauser. At least they are not lying!!!

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Wtf, omg, I like, I like:D

7. Scoobydoo51

Scoobydoo51 New Member

What is the price on these things?

8. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

I am hearing, from other boards I posted this on, $200 to $300.

From Gunboards:

Josh

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Rifles

I didn't see the SKS, but the VEPR is there.

edit* Is $850 a decent deal on a New VEPR with the thumbystock?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

11. orangello

orangello New Member

I emailed that importer about SKS possibilities and will update upon his response.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Emailed duder & got a response:

HI, It is impossible to import Russian SKS because it is NOT on an approved item according to the Russian Federation Trade agreement . I know u have seen other type SKS imported like YUGO ROMAINIAN Albainian But there are a number of countries that do not qualify and especially the RUSSIAN SKS .
    This is the knowledge I have and belive it is uptodate BUT IF YOU have learned something New let me know . Thanks Tony

{what i sent}
    Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:24 PM
    To: Importertoyou@gmail.com
    Subject: New production SKS rifles? please & thank you

I was reading on firearmstalk forum about some "new production" SKS & VEPR rifles. Your business name was linked as an importer of these rifles. I subsequently found your website listing the VEPR rifles. The VEPR is a fine rifle, but i was wondering if you had any plans to import the "new production" SKS rifles from that same company. I was sent a link to their website & was very happy to see what appears to be newly produced SKS rifles.

I have an old SKS and love it, but if new SKS rifles are available for sale, i would like to know a price range or predicted availability.

Thanks for your time

13. orangello

orangello New Member

So, legal beagles, anybody know if he is correct on the import restriction?
    :confused::confused::confused:

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

he may be right. the import/export restriction isnt always stemming from US laws.

15. jayguy

jayguy New Member

sweet. thats awsome

16. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

100% correct!! This all started w/ the Clinton administration. No Chinese, No Russian. Former satellite states are fine. That is the reason the Saiga was invented. It is a sporting rifle.

17. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I would deffently drop the cash to get me one of those "Vepr" in caliber 7,62x54R" it looks sweet like a suger cain field on fire. Pluse I could just buy a bunch of 7.62x54R.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

Gello, check out the products list, "Hunting rifle, OP-SKS".

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, the manufacturer website lists them as products, but doesn't say they are exportable to the U.S. The importer says they can't be imported.