New 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fastfire, Sep 21, 2012.

1. fastfire

fastfire New Member

I have just purchased my first full size 1911. A Sig Sauer GS 1911 45 BSS. I like Sig's for their quality, accuracy, and shoot ability. I brought the gun home disassembled it and gave it a good cleaning and oiling then went to the range. I ran a hundred rounds through it and was not disappointed at all. It is accurate, I usually shoot at 25 yards, has a decent to handle recoil and functions flawlessly. Nice gun. I am very pleased with my new purchase.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Congrats. I'm a big fan of Sig 1911s. Post some pics when you get a chance.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations.

4. GNXtreme

GNXtreme New Member

Congratulations! I looked at a bunch of sigs last weekend but ended up getting a Springfield instead... Love my 1911!

5. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

You wont be disapointed! I have an stx and love it!

6. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

Congratulations the sigs are nice I have a Springfield 1911 and have shot the sig good choice

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Great purchase, enjoy it!

8. wayno148

wayno148 Member

Congrats and enjoy!

9. fastfire

fastfire New Member

I do have a 45 acp, a Kimber ultra crimson carry. I have had it for 18 months or so. It is a very fine gun and I do carry. The Sig is my first full size 1911. I have shot and carried a Colt 1911 many years ago in the Army. As an Armor crewman/ tank commander we were all issued the Colt 1911 with the normal "flapped" shoulder holster. (Must be a throw back to General Patton). It had been so long ago I forgot how large this gun is. Now that winter is fast approaching here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota I may start to carry this beast. All in all I do love this gun and really love shooting it. Now to learn how to reload so I stop spending $$$$ on ammo.....

10. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

Fastfire how's that kimber? I was wondering how it does on the range?

11. fastfire

fastfire New Member

Kimber

For a "short" gun it is great. I normally shoot at 25 yards, I don't know why, and the Kimber will hold a 3" spread. At the shorter distances 10-15 it will put them in a cloverleaf. Great gun, and a good carry gun because of its size. Also this is my night time choice due to the laser.

12. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

Thanks for the info I don't know if I would be comfortable carrying a smaller firearm I carry the full-size Springfield 1911 and use that when I go to bed but I will look into it for a carry weapon

13. fastfire

fastfire New Member

Kimber

It really isn't that much smaller, and it is a Kimber so you know you get quality. I'm a t-shirt person so it hides well under my shirt and OWB.

14. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

I wear jeans and T-shirts too the only issue I have is I wear suspenders so I got used to having a button up shirt over my no sleeve shirts and I just wear a shoulder holster it works out pretty well but I would like to be able to use a holster that goes inside my waste band

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I just ordered a Sig 1911 Nitron in the TacPac, nice deal with 3 mags and all. Won't be needing the holster as I'm a lefty if you or anyone is interested. They can have it for a song, or a left handed holster.

16. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

You made a good choice I like that one along with the extreme 1911 also with a tac rail and awesome grips IMO

17. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I wanted the tacpac with the rail (rail plus night sights) but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere and my NJ purchase permit runs out in a week. Plus knowing me if i have to another 2-3 months before I can pull the trigger, that money will end up going somewhere else.
    It was the front strap checking that really sealed the deal for me; cant find that on anything under $800, plus the match barrel, hammer sear and trigger and then the rest of the package and a lifetime sig warranty.

18. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

That's true I'm sorry you live in a state that you need a permit to buy a gun when you shouldn't have to go thru all that

19. rebelcowboy

rebelcowboy New Member

I dunno about a lifetime warranty on a gun I would rather send it to a reputable gunsmith and pay them to fix issues with my guns that way I can pick them up when I get back home from working