New 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by undumb, Jan 14, 2012.

1. undumb

undumb New Member

My wife surprised me Christmas Eve with a Springfield 1911 mil-spec. It's been sitting in the safe until today. I've been reading a lot about them and have heard a lot of horror stories about breaking in a new gun... It performed flawlessly! It shot better than my sig. I now know what all the fuss is about with the 1911. My new favorite gun.

2. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Lucky man you are! I'm sorry you had to wait this long to shoot it

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Congratulations on the new 1911.

I believe a lot of that break in is manufacturer CYA, so they can duck warranty issues. I have yet to have any problems with a new firearm functioning properly.

4. undumb

undumb New Member

My wife also shocked me yesterday and let me buy a Mosin Nagant 91/30, the previous owner had the bolt handle turned down and fitted it with a scope. I don't have much experience shooting rifles, but after we got it sighted in, I was shooting a 4" group 75 yards. This rifle is a blast to shoot and I highly recommend it to everyone.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the 1911 club. Be careful. There is a disease called 1911itis, that if goes unchecked, tends to crowd the other handgun platforms out of your life.

6. jrags

jrags New Member

Posts one pics of your 1911! How do you like that stock model? That's the one that's meant as a great foundation to build a nice competition shooter from, right? How was the price?

7. jrags

jrags New Member

Actually I was thinking of the Springfield Range Officer.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Enjoy shooting the finest fighting-pistol platform in the world!

[​IMG]

9. undumb

undumb New Member

Here are the pics

Attached Files:

10. jrags

jrags New Member

That is a beautiful pistol. Thanks for the gun p0rn.

11. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations! I have the Range Officer and love it.
    [​IMG]

12. jrags

jrags New Member

What is the "1 of 500" on the slide? Is your gun a limited edition? Is it really the #1 gun? I didn't know the RO was limited.

13. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

14. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

From what I understand, the first 500 were all numbered 1 0f 500. The only difference is it has extra engraving on it, nothing more.