New 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Austin1, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Austin1

Austin1 New Member

Just got a new 1911. Put out some money's for a springer lw champion operator. And I love it. I ended up selling my hi power so it wasn't too bad of a dent but she's my new baby. She came with 5 springer mags 3 Wilson combat 8 rounders and 2 chip 10 rounders I'm a fan of the wilson myself. Probably gonna sell or trade off the springer mags. I just ordered some good leather for her also. I will be taking her to the range Tuesday and I will give a range report then.

Attached Files:

2. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo New Member

Mags

Congratulations.

Wouldn't get rid of anything until you test it at the range. One never knows about which ones the gun will like the best.:)

3. Austin1

Austin1 New Member

I have shot the gun a few times before I bought it from my best friend I just haven't dedicated a full range day to it

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Is this the same as what my local store calls the "GI champion"? Or is it upgraded quite a bit more?

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, I'm of mixed minds on this one. :eek:

Giving up a Browning Hi-Power is a painful exercise!

BUT....if one is to do it, replacing it with a 1911 does releive some of the pain. ;)

And when the 1911 is a Springer, the relief is even greater! :p

Nice piece there Austin.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. Austin1

Austin1 New Member

Letting go of the browning was tough but I am happy with my choice

8. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I'm really interested in the range report, so please don't forget to post it. My Kimber Pro & Colt Commander sizes balance better than full size. The 'light weight' makes it nice for carry. But, I'm not crazy about rails on a 1911. However, if a good performer, that wouldn't be a deal breaker & I am wanting a Springfield.

9. ttdub

ttdub New Member

Very nice. Congratulations!

10. Austin1

Austin1 New Member

Went to the range today and put about 150 rds through it with no problems for me and I love my Wilson mags had a few ftf with the gf shooting but I think she was limp wristing quite a bit she's a whole 90 lbs and 5 ft nothing great groups I'm still not used to how short the trigger pull is it makes my browning feel like it had a mile long trigger but over all great day at the range and an amazing gun

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Congrats on your new 1911

12. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Congrats

Give up a browning for it, well good luck with'er