New 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JD57, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JD57

JD57 New Member

After 40 years of gun buying and trading I finally got my first 1911.
    The Springfield Armory Range Officer.
    I haven't got to shoot it yet but it sure is tighter than the others
    I've handled in the past.

Attached Files:

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

40 years and you're just now getting your first 1911? :eek:

Congrats on the purchase. I hear a lot of great things about the new Range Officer. Let us know how it shoots!

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nice looking Springer...hearing lots of good things about the RO. Good luck with it, please post a range report after you get her dirty.

4. trex58

trex58 New Member

R o

When you get to fire it you're going to like it. I bought one last Friday, and it shoots great for an out of the box pistol. I shot it some just plinking Sat., so Sunday I set up my bench and put it on some bags. The first few where 2 inches low and about 5 o'clock. I adjusted the sights and ended up with one ragged hole about 2 inches wide at 25 yards. The pistol probably shoots better than my, soon to be 59 year old eyes (no glasses yet) can see. No maulfuctions or failure to feed using the factory clips or the one old shooting star I had either.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I predict you'll be getting rid of all your others after a range trip or two with this one. :cool:

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on your first 1911. Chances are that it won't be your last. ;)

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Great looking pistol. Enjoy!

8. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Nice looking Springer. I'd bet it won't be the last one you obtain. Enjoy..........

Jim............

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

"Outstanding!" :D

Be sure you follow them care and feeding instructions for your new "pet" 1911! ;)

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sweet SARO. There ain't nothing not to like about it. Once you become one with the Zen of it, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get a 1911.

11. 38SuperFan

38SuperFan New Member

Congrats on a nice 1911!