New 1911 Blackwater from Sig

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by wolfshead, May 7, 2009.

1. wolfshead

wolfshead New Member

Products & Services

I was wondering if anyone tested the new 1911 yet. It is quite heavy compared to the others in its class close to 42 oz. The trigger pull is at a decent 5 lbs.

I tested the 1911 compact which is also a 45 but is 10z lighter than the new Blackwater.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't know bro - $1300 and no mention of a Match Grade Barrel??

Seems a bit steep to me....

JD

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I still like buying American.

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

But...

but...

but, it says "Blackwater".

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Yeah I was thinking how chickens1t that Sig uses the Blackwater handle.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Why does it matter what it says on the grips. Hell I can get COLT grips and put them on my KIMBER doesn't make it a COLT. Blackwater is a bunch of douche bags anyways.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Actually Eric Prince has a fine and distinguished career as a card carrying Navy SeAL, of which he saw action on at least 3 continents. His father, a very wealthy publisher if I remember correctly, died suddenly and Eric was released from the service to take care of the family business, which was eventually sold off, making him 1/3 heir to a multi billion dollar fortune.

He started Blackwater to address training issues that he felt were lacking in the civilian world, but that intent was quickly side stepped as the need for PMC ( Private Military Contractors ) surfaced.

Say what you want about he guys Blackwater employees, but Eric Prince could have been playing rich boy his whole life, not being a Navy SeAL, and then he could have been playing rich boy with his billions instead of putting together a top notch training center.....

JD

8. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

IIRC, Blackwater and DEVGRU were very closely related in the early days of each organization.

9. wolfshead

wolfshead New Member

Have you guys seen the new movie "State of Play"? It looks like they targeted private defense contractors.

10. supergus

supergus New Member

All the SIG 1911's have match grade barrels. There's nothing different though between the BW and all the other SIG railed 1911's. Except the suuuppperr cool grips.(Which would be the first things I'd change with custom grips.) You can get most of the railed 1911's for at or below 1k. I wouldn't pay a premium for BW grips. Just my $.02.

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Take the 1300 dollars, and put it into a savings account. Save up another, say, 700 dollars or so, and you should be able to get a Nighthawk of some sort (tons better quality).

Or you can just buy a Kimber for cheaper, and use the extra money for ammo / magazines / range bags / targets / etc.....

:D

12. Nra-Life-Member

Nra-Life-Member New Member

You need not worry, my dealer contacted Sig and they do not have any 1911's to ship out anyway..

13. WDB

WDB New Member

THe BW grips will apeal to the weekend warrior who wants to make up stories about doing time in the sand and not having a military record. For those guys $1,300 is at least what they should pay for any firearm.