New 16" A4 Mid-length AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Snakedriver, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Found the time today to get the parts all put together and take some pictures of my new 16" A4 Mid-length. I started with a Armalite stripped lower and used RRA parts for the rest including a 16" mid-length complete upper. The scope mount is the RRA cantilever model. It's very sturdy. Of course I also used the Hogue grip and the Magpul rear pop-up sight.

I can't wait to get to the range and give her her a try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried something a little different on the front sight post too, I installed a KNS Precision .052 bead. I'm anxious to see if it works better than the big fat square factory post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

very nice looking rifle. i applaud your going middy than carbine gas tube on the 16" barrel!! a carbine tube on a 16" never made much sense to me heh.

my pref is a flat front post but i do a lot of longer range open sight shooting. i find its easier to divide the sight with a flat post than a bead. but thats personal pref

3. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

Nice rifle, congrats.

Nice pool....yikes!!

What bipod is that?

4. tCan

tCan Active Member

Nice rifle. A plinker?

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

It's a UTG Rail Mount model I took off one of my .22's for the pictures. UTG gets knocked a lot for being just for air soft & BB guns, but I've had that thing for a number of years an it does the job just fine. The parts that clamp to the rail are all steel. The legs are aluminum tube. The weight is about 11 oz's.

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yep, just a plinker.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice looking AR, Snake! Did you get a second ArmaLite lower?

8. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Thanks Quentin, no this is what I did with the original one. I had to wait for 5-weeks to get my complete upper from RRA and then I have been slowly gathering the parts I needed to make it all functional. The RRA trigger is crisp & smooth as silk.

They market this upper as a 1 MOA rifle. I'm hoping to get better than that.

The RRA upper was a nice snug fit on the Armalite lower. There's no slop or gaps anywhere. Note the forge mark on the upper. What do you know about Brass Aluminum Forge?

Attached Files:

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Glad it's coming together well, Snake! I like it when a lower and upper fit snug like that. Brass Aluminum Forge is a quality forge, no problems with them at all. My Daniel Defense upper has their square forge mark as well. Lots of Colts do too.

Of course RRA, DD or Colt take the rough forging and may do their own finishing.