Never shot trap

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by jdnossaman, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

I have never shot trap in my Life i come from sporting clays and Olympic style skeet how hard is it to switch to trap

2. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

About as hard as it is to use proper punctuation in your correspondence. Most people shouldn't have a problem with trap shooting, but you might...
    :rolleyes:

Seriously, though... Sporting Clays should be a harder sport, due to the wide variety of shots from station to station. Trap is also vary challenging, but is considered easier than sporting clays.

3. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

I'm sorry about my poor spelling. When I made that post, I was using the stylist for my computer. It struggles with punctuation and sometimes spelling.

4. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

makes sense... Now, let us know when you try out trap shooting. We want to know how it goes for you!

5. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

Will do, my college is organizing a trap team so I will join it.

6. DMC

DMC New Member

7. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

8. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I may be singular, but I always thought trap was easier than skeet, and a lot easier than sporting clays. I was never "world class" in any of them, but I did all right. 97 straight in skeet before the worst choke:eek: in history on the easiest shot in the game. :(

9. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

That's too bad every time I shot skeet i got my *** kicked.

10. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I think certain people are better at other games than others... As long as you are enjoying it, that's all that matters!

11. rugermike

rugermike New Member

Well said Virginian

+1 Your not singular, I agree and it doesn't take a special gun to shoot all of these sports if the gun fits you and with the right combination of choke and or shot, you can have a blast.

12. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

That and every time I shot skeet is shot with Haley Dunn and she has been on team USA since 2000

Official Website of Haley Dunn

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Never really been to sure what all the differences were. We just flung clays in the air and shot at them until they broke or hit the ground. I tell you you can sure go threw a lot of ammo real fast like that but boy is it fun.

Now I refuse to shoot on the club shotgun range. They put in a wobble trap and after paying my yearly dues I have to pay to use the range. I said piss on you I ain't doing it. There are a few people that are feeling that way as well. Oh well enough complaining from me. Throw clays and shoot them. Burn some powder and have some fun that is what it is all about.

14. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

Where I always went I could shoot skeet for 6 dollars for a round and 25 dollars for a round of sporting clays without a membership a 75 dollar membership I could shoot a round of skeet for 4 dollars and a round of sporting clays for 20 dollars. So I don't know where you go, but it's not that bad for me. Now I'm going to be on a trap team and i can shoot a round of trap for little to nothing through school grants all my cost is ammo.

15. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

cool deal. have fun with it!!!