Never have I seen a Glock commercial...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by TruggieTex, Feb 3, 2015.

1. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Just saw a Glock commercial on AMC...

Only firearms commercials I recall were for Henry rifles, late at night, (and I am caught by them every time )...is this new or have I been blind to this commercialized, well stated, and pro-gun prime time airwaves access?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

the only gun commercials I remember seeing were usually shown during gun shows on TNN or the Outdoor Channel. generally they were narrated by Jim Scouten & had production quality comparable to commercials for the local gas station.

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

No...this was a smartly crafted, quality presentation, of the smooth operation of a compact Glock in the hands of an attractive lady...wish I could see it again as I was caught by surprise.

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Outside of the outdoor channel I've never seen a gun commercial. AMC? Don't they show Walking Dead on that channel? They are trying to appeal to the "zombie killers"

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And you did not think that "Sons of Guns" or "Wild West Guns" were not commercials?

Seriously, consider how close of a relationship each TV channel has with Oprah, Rosie, Michael Moore, and Mickey Mouse.

Dern, I miss Elmer Fudd.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw a number of Glock commercials made by R Lee Ermey, but they were on you-boob.

7. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Thanks for the links...
    The G42 commercial is the one I saw. Watching again it is QUITE well made!
    Was just unexpected to see on that channel.

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Does anyone know why gun manufacturers don't advertise on regular channels??????

9. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Glock has a new commercial that is slap in the face to anyone who has ever had to us a gun to defend themselves or others. It shows a 'hot' girl pointing her 'glock' at an intruder and he simply 'pass out'. This is the stupidest bunch of PC BS I have ever seen. I would like to see every realistic/responsible gun owner boycott glock until they pull the add and apologize to the responsible gun owners.:mad:

10. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

yeah that ain't gonna happen. no one will boycott them & Glock won't pull the ad & apologize.

they're just playing the marketing game like every company that doesn't sell guns. want to sell to a new type of consumer? you need different marketing than the competitors. right now the thought is serious commercials don't get people talking & sell products, funny light-hearted ones do.

if i boycotted every company that made a stupid commercial, my house would be empty & i wouldn't own a car.