Never, Ever..

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by jpattersonnh, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Sell a rifle on line. I sold a matching 91/30 Finn capture 91/30 on line. The guy is sending it back. Why? Because the buttplate has a different serial number that was lined out and re-stamped by the Finns. Every other number matches. It is a perfect 1938 Double SA stamped. He is going to wait to be paid, that is for sure. It has a 3 digit serial number. It was sold as a Finn matching 91/30. There are broken stock, missmatched Finns selling for $200.00. I sold this one for $300.00. There had better not be a scratch on it. I even shipped it in a hard case. Never again. I could have declined, but he probobly would have Bubba'd it.
    Talk about BS.

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I personally never buy a firearm I don't intend on keeping for the rest of my life :eek:. For me each firearm I own or will own is like a part of me and has wonderful memories embedded with it. I'm a gun nut what can I say ;).

Also I buy firearms like I buy cigars; I want to see the product in person and evaluate it before I purchase it.

3. jpattersonnh

I has unemployeed for over a year. I needed to raise $10,000.00. You may start to think different when your family/home is involved. I can't really afford the $300.00 yet, but just some more BS piles on.

4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I never buy a gun offline sometimes I buy ammo but thats it. If theres a gun I want that not at the gun shop they can usually order it from the company for a little extra.

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I'm a power seller on Ebay. No matter how well you describe things and picture things you have to realize that you will get some returned. That is just the way it is. Getting a return in no way means that you must have done something wrong. On guns or antiques or other used things sometimes you have to have it in your hands to look it over. I sell almost all gun stuff and have found that gun people are excellent to deal with. I know all about being unemployed.

6. jpattersonnh

The Rifle was listed on two seperate forums. Both has a feedback on purchases. This guy contacted me on both. What he is looking for does not exist. A Finn Capture 91/30 is going to be Finn'ed. It is no longer a Soviet 91/30. W/ 1 lined out part it is an amazing rifle. It is the Butt plate. I have 0 returns on either site. 15 Minutes after he received the rifle, I received an E-mail he wanted to return it. Time, Money, the chance someone needs the correct part for theirs in switches them. Nope BS in My book. It better be 100% when it comes back.

7. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i've been selling on ebay since about 2001 & it seems no matter how good of quality the pictures are or how brutaly honest i am about the condition of an item, you will get the occaisonal jackass that, & i quote, "expected it to be in better condition." even when i flat out say condition is fair or rough on an item that has seen better days, & show pictures of & give descriptions of imperfections.

sounds to me like he maybe had buyers remorse & came up with a quick excuse on the fly

8. jpattersonnh

I am with you on this. I think it was a young kid that really had no idea what it was.

9. opaww

opaww New Member

I will buy from J&G sales or something like that but if I sell one I do it through the gun dealer here so they get what they see and I got a paper trail showing I sold it and to whom.

10. opaww

opaww New Member

jpattersonnh if I could help you I sure would but I am not even able to help myself right now

11. jpattersonnh

I have his FFL03, as I need to. I also have the original receipt frm Trinity arms.

12. jpattersonnh

Thanks bud. The thought makes the difference. JP

13. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You could do a raffle type of thing right here on the forum. It goes after a predetermined number of chances are sold. Base the winner on a state lottery number or something verifiable and totaly random. I'll take at least $ 10.00 worth of chances on it. If I win I promise to give it a good home. You might be surprised how many chances you sell, you are a well liked member of the forum. Most of us know if you say it's a nice rifle, it's probably a gem. No matter what it is I would participate just to help your situation. Good luck JP.

14. opaww

opaww New Member

That is a good idea I might be able to go for 10 $'s in tickets

15. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I'll buy $10 worth

16. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

OK in a short time we are well on our way with 3 members. now we need an organizer. as long as its not Obammmma. Im in. We may be able to raise a very respectable amount on this Finn. All we have to do is get it going, Then do this through something like PayPal or personal checks. Where you can verify the validity of ability of participation and a trustworthy intermediary to handle the participation (like FTF). I'm ready, just do it. I'd like to see it net four digets. One hundred Mosin enthusiests is not out of the question on this forum and others. FTF might even throw in a subscription for the winner. Its for a cause!!! I'm on a limited income and you can count me in. The best part is if someone isn't happy with the gun you just return their amou nt of particioation and pull another winner. I don't know anyone that would ***** about a gun they won. If you get enough participation you could even offer to pay FFL fees.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'd be in, but I don't know if we can legally do a raffle. We don't want to break any laws when it comes to firearms.

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW- the rifle would need to be shipped TO a FFL holder in winner's state of residence. Raffling is legal, transferring across state line without FFL NOT legal.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL. When used for firearms, violates their terms, and they WILL freeze your account.

19. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

There are FFLs every where, having to go through a dealer would be a given but shouldn't be a problem. Like I said in an earlier post, FFL fees could be part of the winnings.

20. Johnny357

Johnny357 New Member

If you do the raffle, put me in for $20. I have a C&R so JP could keep the FFL fees if I win.