·
Registered
Glock 21SF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

Guess this is where I introduce myself? Lol

Retired SFC, US Army
(11b4p8x) Spent my trail time on Sand Hill, Ft Benning. ‘14-‘16 followed by SROTC Instructor, Florida Institute of Technology. ‘16-‘19.

FL native living on the Space Coast.
Raised to love our country and defend the constitution.

Willing to pass on my knowledge or help in any way.

·
Administrator
1,384 Posts
Welcome from a former Floridian.

Reactions: MDG69

·
Supporting Member
14,678 Posts
MDG

First of all, thank you for your service! And WELCOME!
And welcome from Tennessee from another old SFC Army!
Looking forward to hearing from you here on the Forum. There are a lot of good folks here with a vast wealth of knowledge when it comes to weapons and other areas!

Reactions: MDG69

·
Registered
Glock 21SF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MDG

First of all, thank you for your service! And WELCOME!
And welcome from Tennessee from another old SFC Army!
Looking forward to hearing from you here on the Forum. There are a lot of good folks here with a vast wealth of knowledge when it comes to weapons and other areas!

Thank you for your service as well. Looking forward to hanging around and helping where I can. Nice to met another crusty Army SFC.

·
Registered
685 Posts
welcome, from yet another Army guy.....didn't retire but did give 'em 9 years - dang guys wouldn't let me have any Stateside duty (outside of schools) - 2 tours FRG, 2 tours VN (and they were gonna send me back to VN for a 3rd tour - so that's when my "career" ended).....but do have many good memories of my Service

·
Registered
Glock 21SF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome, from yet another Army guy.....didn't retire but did give 'em 9 years - dang guys wouldn't let me have any Stateside duty (outside of schools) - 2 tours FRG, 2 tours VN (and they were gonna send me back to VN for a 3rd tour - so that's when my "career" ended).....but do have many good memories of my Service
Welcome home brother.

I deployed to Afghanistan in ‘05-‘06, then Iraq during the “serge” in ‘07-‘08, and again in ‘10-‘11. Was about to deploy a second time to Afghanistan in ‘14 but branch took me for Drill SGT duty, best worse job of my career.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome from LA..........(lower Alabama)

Ft. Benning???........kinda ringing a bell....think I did my AIT there? It was long ago...and I cant' remember much.

Edit: Nope, nope...Ft. Gordon. Like I said...memory is getting bad.

·
Registered
Glock 21SF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome from LA..........(lower Alabama)

Ft. Benning???........kinda ringing a bell....think I did my AIT there? It was long ago...and I cant' remember much.

Edit: Nope, nope...Ft. Gordon. Like I said...memory is getting bad.
Good old Ft Gordon.
It’s a small base for sure.
Were you signal corps (commo)?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good old Ft Gordon.
It’s a small base for sure.
Were you signal corps (commo)?
Military Police........
Everyone loves MP's. (right?)

The "Sand Hill reference" messed with my mind- I was thinking of "Tank Hill"- Ft Jackson ( they called it "Drag Azz" hill)
Then Benning- I knew I'd heard that before...but had some buddies that went there. So it was in my mind- got a lot of crap in my mind...and I get some of it mixed up on occasion. Have to stop and sort it out sometimes.

·
Administrator
27,266 Posts
Sand Hill, huh? The NEW buildings? Ones with A/C ? Yeah, heard about them- never saw them, but heard about them.

Outerwear White Vertebrate Product Blue

Glad you found your way to us. Drag up a sandbag and take a break. Coffee in the pot, should be some doughnuts left. Good folks here- sometimes a bit.... different.

Polar bear Organism Snow Bird Beak

But good folks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts