Nervous. What will happen is Biden wins?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Mr. Wick, Nov 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Active Member

Most of you know that I've recently gotten in to firearms. I shoot about five days a week. About 5 to 6k rounds a month. I want to know if I should go out and buy the Walther I've had my eye on. If Biden wins will ammo and guns prices go up? Thanks all.

2. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I'm gathering parts for a "project" myself.

Probably, but likely only because demand will go up. So long as the senate stays red the SCOTUS shouldn't have to rule against congress. Still, I'm not waiting for any malarkey from the senile fool.

You might be wise to ease up a bit on your ammo throughput though. Start stacking a little maybe.

3. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Did that happen when Clinton or Obama got in.

OLD Ron likes this.
  4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There is something about taxing firearms and ammunition should Biden get elected.
    But, any taxes have to be approved and passed.

Undue hardship causing a loss of freedom because of taxation could be grounds for revolution.

5. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

If the senate stays red very little will change . As far as guns, the new SCOTUS will likely be busy striking down gun regs from decades ago . Shouldnt be hard to get new ones struck down also.

SCOTUS ruled itself the power it wields , unconstitutionally. But that said perhaps now SCOTUS will simply adhere to the BOR striking down laws that violate it instead of " interpreting " the COTUS to allow unconstitutional law.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. ramjet

ramjet Member

They can raise taxes and fees till it becomes unsupportable. They can also use blackmail and hostage tactics to get gun ownership outlawed. Just like in Australia and England. You just have to decide what’s more important for you and yours...Food, property and house. Or firearm ownership. It’s happened before. It will happen again.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  7. Ghost1958

Not if the senate holds mostly its present form ,. Biden wont be able to pass anything and as far as gun regs their time is now numbered. I'm guessing no new ones stand a challenge even if passed and old ones being struck down as they should have been when passed

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm still trying to figure out where you got that totally ridiculous idea! Certainly not from the Constitution.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AgedWarrior, Oldoutlaw and manta like this.
  9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

If you truly shoot the amount of ammo that you say you do, then you should probably buy at least 3 more pistol's identical to the one that you use. Gun's wear out, and as much as you say you shoot your current gun will be worn out in short order.

10. ratpacker

ratpacker Member

They , the Leftist DemoRats , have the extra 3 day delay to find enough mail in Ballots , to ruin our dreams. Chinese Covid put the icing on the Perfect Storm for the " Turnover".
    Reloaders ... start reloading, cause we all will will be digging deep in our pockets for Premium Name brand Ammo.

There might be some flurries of increased gun sales, but what are we going to feed them with ?

Rifling82 likes this.
  11. Ghost1958

Judicial review, or the power to " interpret the constitution was not granted SCOTUS by the constitution or the founders.

For good or ill, In Madison vs Marbury SCOTUS, specifically judge Marshall. for political reasons in a case that was considered moot , granted itself the authority of judicial review , or the power to declare acts of congress unconstitutional.
    It was not granted that power by the founders. It did not exist before that case and SCOTUS had never addressed a act of congress before that nor did again for decades after.

That SCOTUS ruled itself that authority is a fact that is not debated.

A cursory search of Madison vs Marbury will settle that question for you.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've read Madison many time.
    The COTUS did not DENY that authority to the court.
    The FF pretty much in agreed with the MADISON decision, so it was not challenged.

Not everything is written down in the COTUS. The FF fathers were smart enough to realize they couldn't cover all bases with one document, so they allowed the courts a lot of leeway.. FACT!!

13. Ghost1958

False. The founders questioned even creating a supreme court for a while..

Please read what I said. I said the created the authority and gave it to themselves. For good or ill.
    That they gave themselves that authority in that case is not questioned by anyone.

Whether they had the power to do so is still debated by legal beagles to this day.

There was no leeway in the constitution.
    For the fed in any area. It specifically granted powers very clearly. The intent of the COTUS was to limit the Fed. If not granted by the COTUS or an amendment the power doesnt exist.
    Unlike you, most cannot channel the founders ghosts and claim their clairvoyance derived opinion of what the founders thought as fact. Most mortals must depend on what they themselves wrote. And what they xpressly included in the COTUS along with what they expressly left out.

That said SCOTUS has used that power for centuries now and the Ametican people have had their rights severely curtailed in past decades through it because the court is politically driven.
    Now that we have more constitutional originalists on the bench than idiots making up fairly tales , I'm hopeful we get those rights back over the next few years.

towboater likes this.
  14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Hi folks! Politics is that section over THERE.

partdeux and OLD Ron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.