Neighbors?

Discussion in 'Kentucky Gun Forum' started by stalkingbear, May 18, 2015.

1. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm an old codger and I'll be darned if I'm going to pay for air when I can still drive a bicycle pump...;):D

And yes, I do keep one in my trunk...

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm impressed if you can pump up a car tire up with a bicycle air pump.

And I'd be lost forever without my TomTom GPS.

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

Men don't like the GPS devices because they always think they know a secret shortcut, or better way to get there. So the thing just keeps saying RECALCULATING.....RECALCULATING.....RECALCULATING...the whole way. My Dad is a perfect example of this...And eventually he will get close enough to his destination , that it sync's up with whatever way he went....so then he thinks he was right........:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Bloomfield Ky! No offense but the state of In won't let me hunt with my high power long range centerfire rifles, and the tiny fact that my 4th ex wife is from In. That kills it for ME ever moving to In!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  5. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I am getting ready for bed, so I checked... :eek: Yep, male, thought I remembered that right... :cool::D

I use GPS a lot if I'm going outside my familiar area and sometimes even in the area.

6. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I use a rifled 12ga and feel confident in the woods. There's no real long shots where I know it'd be an instant kill and I couldn't call it in. I've considered a lever 44 mag since I can't find one of those old semi auto ruger 44 mags I'm dying to find. The deer laws here do suck but I believe they're trying to change them. If no one has heard of it, look up the 358 Hoosier. It is specifically designed to b the best legal deer cartridge in Indiana.

7. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

45 Raptor is also deer legal here. Vast overkill, but legal. Just need to put 5 rds mags in the AR10... ;)

Austin I've used my 44mag revolver for years here and ohio both. Never felt undergunned. I'd love to have a lever gun to match my uberti cattleman. Color case hardened and brass please. Its on my bucket list...

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  8. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I've sat n the woods with my gp100 before lol

9. stalkingbear

a .357 would be a bit small for me personally, me being a big bore fan. Yes I know it will do the job at close range, just MY version of a .357 is my .41 mag!

10. dwmiller

I love the 41 mag. Its one of my all time favorite handgun calibers. I had a ruger bisley custom chambered in 41 with a 4.5" octagon barrel. I'm sorry that I sold the gun to this day, regardless of the profit.

11. stalkingbear

Yeah I consider the .41 mag to be the most under rated most versatile and useful revolver cartridge ever designed! Especially since I cast all my own bullets in varying degrees of hardness according to use and load for it so availability of factory ammo at stores don't apply to me.

12. rn-cindy

John Wesley Hardin's favorite load too....

13. rn-cindy

Been kinda lookin for A Blackhawk in that Cal.. It will fond me sooner ar later...:)

14. stalkingbear

They're still making Blackhawks in .41 mag. On Blackhawks I usually put Super Blackhawk grips on because I have large hands. They didn't make the .41 mag wayyy back then, but he was a firearm nut so he would have liked it. If you can find & afford a Redhawk in .41 mag you'll be pleased! Ask Winds or Gordo about my Redhawk .41 mag and how smooth it is.

15. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Mine is a 6" S&W 657 no dash .41 Magnum that I've loved for two decades. Since my EDC is a .357 Sig since shortly after it was released, I had to copy this from American Handgunner, Nov/Dec 2012, pg. 75:

"Today, the .357Sig is much like the 10mm and .41Magnum - appreciated more by the people who are seriously into shooting than by those who follow the herd. As the old Ford commercial said, "Ask the man who owns one." Regarding the .357 SIG, ask the man who has shot living things with it."

It's like knowing a fine wine or great scotch! :yoda:

16. stalkingbear

Pretty cool article, very true too! My all time favorite deer rifle is a .284! I just noticed S&W just brought back the 657.

17. dwmiller

Mine is a sweet little 7x57 spanish mauser. Does everything you ask it to do and doesn't beat you up in the process. Plus has a style that a lot of modern guns lack. Accuracy is fair to good which is outstanding considering the almost 100 years since this fine rifle was made and the original battle sights ..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  18. stalkingbear

Yeah mine (7x57 Mauser) is an OLD complete sporterization/full custom complete gorgeous stock with shadowline cheekpiece, cartridge trap, engraved steel buttplate, plenty of engraving all over as only old world style could do, and an equally old german scope. It still shoots great and the ONLY way you can even tell it wasn't built on a commercial action is the telltale thumb cutout for stripper clips. I bought it literally for pennies on the original dollars it must have cost to build.

19. Ronny_AR15

Ronny_AR15 New Member

Stalking bear I'm new to the forums but close to you in Elizabethtown
    Always looking for good friends that like to meet and have a good time let me know when your next meet up is would love to join you all thanks in advance

20. stalkingbear

Ronny_AR15 give me a shout since I'm retired I'm good to go just about any time, weather permitting!