Neighbors?

Discussion in 'Kentucky Gun Forum' started by stalkingbear, May 18, 2015.

1. Quentin

Quentin Active Member

:D
    Hickok45 is out shooting when it's 100 and humid in Nashville. He looks like he's dying out there but has a big smile on his face. Toughen up Winds! :D

Sounds like stalkingbear has a range something like Hickok's. Should be a lot of fun!

2. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

What, you mean Kentucky gets hot? ;) I spend most of my drive time in the deep desert southwest. Thats hot....

Seriously a shooting weekend sounds pretty good. Its been a while since I've taken any time off for myself. :D

Last edited: May 21, 2015

3. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm thinking it might help for you to hold the gun with the barrel horizontal. That vertical direction will only hit the ground or the roof, resulting in your unfortunate symptoms... ;):D

4. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

StalkingBear, I'm the same distance as rn-Cindy, so I'd love to come! Do you have a range that can handle Bertha? If so, I'll bring her and people can take turns! Oh, by the way, "Bertha" is my Barrett 107A in .50 BMG.

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! That will give me a chance to get her better where she's undergoing daily cancer treatments in Louisville daily. After this is where they take almost 1/2 her leg below the knee, then reconstructive surgery. Hopefully by then all the running around like a chicken with it's head cut off will be long done! No sweating buckets for me then. Winds, you really think I'm a decent shot?

6. stalkingbear

I'm sorry but only have a 100 yard range, hardly challenging for Bertha. If you want to bring her there's no sound limitations though.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you, Bear. He can also be a smart ***. He makes me laugh, too. :D

Fall it is, then. I'll see what weekends I'm off and offer up a few dates we can all vote on.

8. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

About 3 hours and 200 miles one way for me. I'll see what I can do

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Seven hours for me. If I can do that, you can do three hours. :p

10. indy36

indy36 New Member

How far from Indianapolis are you?

11. stalkingbear

Well it's about 100 miles from Indy to Louisville, and I'm about 30 miles south of Louisville so I'd say about 2 1/2 hours to Bloomfield.

12. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

Just so you old timers know...theres a new thing called "google maps"..Type in where your at right now on the top line, then type Lebanon Kentucky on the bottom line, then press enter....It will tell you all you want to know about how long / far to get there......:D.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  13. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Some of these folks been here since the royal typewriter was invented and use a real Atlas to find their way around.(What is a GPS? Google? Never heard of it! Oh well have a good shoot guys, and maybe one of these days youall could make your way (Johnny Horton music) NORTH TO ALASKA! going North the rush is on.

14. TekGreg

Oh, great...now the secret is out! Now we'll see old codgers roaming all over the U.S.!

15. TekGreg

There's always a way to make it a challenge. We'll keep it to iron sights and only fire from the shoulder standing. Everyone's okay with a 30 lb rifle, right? :p :woohoo:

16. stalkingbear

I kinda think I'd droop with a 30# rifle! ATTN: I live near Bloomfield now, in a trailer out in the country. Still have PLENTY parking area though. EXTREMELY easy to find too!

17. rn-cindy

LOL....Yea, but it will be a boom for Buick, Bob Evans, the turn signal bulb companies,and whoever sells those big sunglasses that go over their regular glasses.....

18. rn-cindy

OH.....And once they hit the road full force...The tire pressure gauge company will have to start a 3rd shift to keep up....and the sh*t's gonna hit the fan when they find out you have to pay a Quarter for air at the gas station now...LOL. I miss my Grandpa.....:(.

19. stalkingbear

Wait. What? You have to pay for air????? Where and who's responsible for this??? I can use a map & compass so why try to rely on something that might quit when I can easily memorize the whole trip before I start?

20. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Bloomfield Indiana or Kentucky?

Speedways around here charge a dollar!!!! Caseys are still free though. I never have to worry about it though because when my grandpa was still here he converted all the fittings on a 20lb propane tank to all the standard air tool fittings for me. He used to make all kinds of neat things like that. Keep it in the bed of my truck and with 150psi it'll fill 5+ tires