Negligent discharge with kimber 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by gearhead396, Mar 9, 2013.

1. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Ok guys this videos kinda old but I don't know if it made it to the forum this is a very good video to learn what NOT to do a very hard learned lesson in safety for this guy:eek [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Rule #3
    "Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges."

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Booger hook off bang switch!

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

That guy was on Tosh.O and he made controversy on that show by going to a shooting range that was setup like a school playground and shooting kid targets.

I've heard he was a member of the sportsman club I'm a member of. He was asked to leave after that video came out.

5. rurak

rurak New Member

"I just f@&$ ing shot myself" ....... pure comedy ...... but seriously his finger goes right into the trigger guard ...... he needs to know his weapon better

6. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

That slo mo shot is crazy the shockwave through his leg is huge.

7. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Jackasswhat a jackass...

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

But 1911's have manual safeties, and grip safeties, and some have firing pin blocking safeties (Kimber). I thought you could only shoot yourself with a Glock, because 1911's were so much safer and Glocks don't have any external safety. ;)

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

A true dumazz cud shoot himself with a bow & arrow-

10. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

Yeah i watched some more of that guy on you tube, what a dipsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

They have...

archery-arrow-in-hand.jpg

12. new_girsan_1911

Ok so did that dude like draw his arrow back past the rest and try to shoot it? Wtf?????????

13. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Maybe trying to shoot a crossbow bolt out of a compound? My arrows won't go back far enough to come off the rest.

14. new_girsan_1911

Yeah i aint sure how it was done but damn that had to hurt lmao

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

That could be it. Impossible to draw back an arrow past the bow and hand. My crossbow bolts are smaller. The projectile ended in a point that was flush with the shaft, so it was for target practice. He is lucky it was not for hunting, the damage would have been much more serious. Idiot fooling around and learning a life lesson.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

There are over draw rests used with shorter arrows. Pretty common actually.

17. new_girsan_1911

Jager thats it exactly "an idiot" lol lesson here be glad you werent messing around and being stupid with a gun, you could have lost that thumb and finger lol

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Hi Marine! I learned something new today, smaller arrows! Still trying to picture the physics of the accident. Wouldn't the arrow start pointing down after the front loses contact with the bow and goes pass the hand? I have a crossbow, but never owned a bow. You can not hunt with either in Germany, so they are only for sport.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

They can jump off the rest when you let them go. I'll see if I can find a pic.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

See that extended arrow rest? Some people get downright stupid with them, modify them, use the shortest arrow they can... That is how the earlier pic usually results. I believe the concept is that a shorter arrow may fly father with less drop, but I'm not sure.