Nef 12

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Oregon, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I am not much of a "gun guy", but I do love to hunt. I needed a duck hunting gun so I picked up a NEF Pardner Pump at a local dealer for $149.I didn't know anything about them, the gun just looked and felt great. Can anyone tell me if I got ripped off? I didnt know they were made in China. Thanx!

2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Any gun that actuyally works, is reliable, and you like it for $149 is a great, great bargain. Enjoy it and don't worry what anyone else thinks.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Welcome to the FTF from a fellow Oregonian.

4. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

I have a Pardner Pump, the shortest home-defense version. They're heavy but generally well-made... good practical value for the price. You got a good deal.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Almost bought a 20 gauge in all camo at a gun show last weekend for $250 from my soon to be 10 year old son's first gun. Nice looking gun and it felt good. Was going to walk around and think it over until I saw on the receiver that it had been Made in China. Put it right out of consideration.

I make my living in the manufacturing industry and I try to avoid products from China whenever possible. Especially at that price level.

This evening I bought my son a Remington 870 youth model at Dick's and after both rebates it was $230. Glad I waited now. That Made in China stamped in the metal would have bothered me everytime he would have shot it.

6. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Thanks for the response guys, and thank you for welcoming me in. I dont think the ducks will know its made in China so im not too worried about that:) Shout out to my Oregon Brotha!

7. fangus

fangus New Member

same company

the pardner shotgun and the remington and the marlin are owned by the same company

8. igordog

igordog New Member

I have the "Pardner Pump" too. I don't hunt, just have it for HD and for blowing stuff up when I go out shooting. I enjoy it, although the kickback is a little rough after firing it many, many times in a day.
    I also paid more for mine, so you got a good deal.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Welcome to the FTF from over on the Coast!!