NEF 10ga

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by JC5503, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JC5503

JC5503 New Member

I just bought a NEF SB2 (I believe that its NEF's turkey gun) and have been doing some looking around on the internet trying to find a choke tube that will let me shoot slugs out of it. The choke I have now is a extra full for turkey season but I would like to be able to use it as a deer gun to. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

3. JC5503

JC5503 New Member

I guess I coulda been a bit more in depth with my question.... I knew an improved cylinder would work but Im having trouble finding one.. I tried that chart you made a link to and but none of the ones NEF would transfer with had a ten gauge option, and does anybody have any experience with rifled choke tubes I cant decide if that little bit of rifling at the end of a barrel would be helpful or just more of a problem.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've used a rifled choke tube out of my 1300 with good results. Nothing that would blow your socks down but enough to drop a deer within the guns range.

5. Walley

Walley New Member

/

From H & R website

Choke Tubes

Part # Gauge Choke Style Steel Shot? Price

N10-SSB 10 Modified Extended Yes $33.00

Barrels

Part # Description Price
    638 10 Ga., 3 1/2" Chamber, 24" Cyl. Bore $75.00
    (Includes adjustable rifle sights for slug shooting.)

Thought this might be of some help.

6. JC5503

JC5503 New Member

thanks that helped alot I ordered one from a local gun shop today, I just got the standard improved cylinder.