Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Glock G42
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at the usual places. Mostly only found ammo from manufacturers I know little to nothing about. Especially on Ammoseek. Most were a lower muzzle velocity than I wanted. Then, on the 32 ACP I spotted a Norma cheaper than most of the off brands.
Now, for a number of years I have preferred the Swedish made ammo. Like Norma and Carl Gustavs ammo.
I do not mind paying a bit more for good and reliable ammo. Especially with the 32 ACP lower than the off brand made ammo. So I went to the link provided by AS. Darned if it wasn't the Norma US ammo direct sales sight. Never heard of that before. Checked it out as legitimate and ordered. May order next some of their 7.62x39 brass cased ammo.
Not as cheap as the Russian stuff. Which I won't shoot in my Glock or Zastava pistols at all. So I bought 100 rounds of each of the good stuff for a decent nowadays price. Shipping beat even SGAmmo and others who do not even have what I like in stock. Prices still higher than they used to be for sure. But Premium ammo for less than lower grade stuff?
No brainer for myself.
I am a years long fan of the Swedish rifle and pistol ammo. Always higher velocity and accuracy than US made stuff.
About 3-4 years ago Winchester bought a ton of 5.56 62gr Open Tip ammo from a large US Military over run at the Carl Gustav plant. Velocity is higher than some of the M193 sold to us here. Yep, it is my shtf ammo for all my AR's now.
Guess I can post a link. If not, Admins please remove.

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Thanks for the link. $27 for 32 isn't too bad for these times. I have enough for a while. The USA loaded 32acp is anemic. I have been using the CCI store for 22lr although they do have other ammo.
CCI Ammunition
Natchez had a sale flyer with some decent prices. Not pre Wuflu though.

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Premium Member
Glock G42
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. $27 for 32 isn't too bad for these times. I have enough for a while. The USA loaded 32acp is anemic. I have been using the CCI store for 22lr although they do have other ammo.
CCI Ammunition
Natchez had a sale flyer with some decent prices. Not pre Wuflu though.
You are absolutely correct about US made 32 acp. It is pretty bad stuff. I suspect the 380acp I ordered will perform very well also. A bit hotter than most US made stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts