Need your expert opinions on a gun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by blackxpress, Aug 31, 2013.

1. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

I have an opportunity to pick up a used EAA Witness 10mm for $318.50. The gun is part of a collection that came out of an estate sale. It comes with 4 extra magazines and seems to be in good shape. I field stripped it yesterday and everything looks good except that it's dirty. It looks like the original owner shot it and put it away without cleaning it. The finish is in good condition with only a couple of minor scratches on the slide. I don't really need another 10mm (already have a 10mm Glock 20) but this seems like a really good deal.

I know very little about the EAA Witness and was wondering if this sounds like a good deal to you guys. Also am interested in getting input from those of you who either own or have experience with these guns. Thanks much.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Buy it, call them and wake them up from their bed on Saturday morning and buy it.

I have a EAA Witness in 45 ACP, it shoots every time the trigger is pulled. The Witness is made by an Italian company, Tangfolio, Italians make good guns.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not familiar with the gun but with a quick look at gunbroker I'd say the mid $300 range is about average. It also looks like nobody is buying them.
    Hopefully someone else has more info for you.

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The EAA Whitness pistols are good shooters, pretty much CZ clones.
    I will say that the 10mm EAA's need an imediate change of the recoil spring. Go up to a 22lb spring. They come with an 18lb I believe, and there have been reports of the frame cracking with the weaker spring.

I say go for it!!!

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you really want it buy it---
    Fair price but by no means a great bargain-

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The extra mags make it worth an extra $18.

Buy the dam! gun. Now!

7. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

+1 on that

8. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

Actually I was thinking the mags ought to be worth at least $25 a piece. Is that about right?

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Check midway-

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

How is the barrel?

When you say "didn't clean it"

that might be why it's such

a good deal. If the barrel is good,

and you like it, get it.

11. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Hey.... quit posting and go buy it.

If it is a person to person sale, that adds to it's value for some folks.
    Remember we can't hit Obama 40%* unless you buy!

* http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Obama-Claims-40-Of-All-Gun-Sales-Are-Private

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, but posted anyway!

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Hey, I'm not an expert, but I slept on the floor, last night.

13. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

I guess "expert" is a relative term. Since I've never shot an EAA anyone who has first hand knowledge is an "expert" compared to me.

14. amorris11

amorris11 New Member

I have one in 9mm, it's worked perfect for me in the two years I have had it.

15. Transman

Transman New Member

I've got two Witness',one is a polymer fullsize in 10mm,the other is a 6" Hunter in 10mm,both are excellent shooters and trouble free!