Need thoughts on this gun

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dalefan88, Dec 2, 2012.

1. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

There's a guy at a shop I deal with that wants to trade a Holley carb that I have that needs rebuilt for this gun. Is it worth it or is this a pos gun. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. magnumman

magnumman New Member

3. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ive never heard of Jimenez arms makes me wonder what kinda takilla came with that deal

4. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

5. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Youtube review of this pistol

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oLHK8nd-HPY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=oLHK8nd-HPY

Found this review as well

Jimenez Arms JA-22 Review

So, one guy at the gun show had a bunch of Jimenez Arms laying out, with a sign saying $89! How can you beat that? For $89, he was offering brand-new .22LR and .25ACP JAs in blue, stainless, and chrome. I couldn't pass it up.

I chose the .22 because I already have that cartridge in my arsenal, and because it's super cheap ammo for just-for-fun shooting.

A little history for ya... Jimenez Arms is the phoenix from the ashes of the defunct Bryco, which was sued into non-existence a while back. Bryco had some safety issues, according to the State of California, as well as a death from an ND. One of the employees bought the remains, renamed (and later relocated) the company, and started stamping out the same weapons as before.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the infamous Jiminez Arms company. do a Google search of them, and Bryco, Davis Arms, Raven and a few others. cheap made pistols with less than stellar performance and known for breaking. i personally have owned a couple in the past that one the slide broke on and the other the frame cracked. in simple terms, JUNK!

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I dont know what your Carb is worth but you know that NE Jimenez arms can be had for less than 90 bucks...

8. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

That carb is worth $75-$100

9. Axxe55

IMO, the carb is worth more money, even if it need rebuilt!

10. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

But I would rather sell the carb and put it towards a beretta u22 or a s&w 22 I been looking at.

11. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They are total pieces of crap.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

That would be the wise decision. I've heard from a small minority who like there J22's but most consider them an opportunity to get a $50 gift card durring the Holliday Gun Buy Back Programs.

Pretty sad when Uncle Sam will give you more to destroy your gun than you could sell it for.

Tack

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Is it your gun, and he wants to give you the carb for it? If so, I'd jump on it. A rebuilt Holley, of almost any model, is worth more than that gun, from a monetary standpoint.

Nevermind. I reread your OP. Do as you were talking about, and sell the carb outright, putting the money towards a better gun.

14. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Might get $25 trade in value on the gun. Good luck finding an individual willing to buy it privately. Say thanks, but no thanks.

15. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I need a new carb. What size is it? Lol

16. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Seriously? I'd take a free lap dance or beer at the local club over that thing...

17. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Well I traded the carb for these 32" tires for my jeep instead lol going up from 31"

image-2624979078.jpg

18. Axxe55

much better trade than the pistol! something you can actully use.

19. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

That gun's worth less than clipped toe nails.

20. magnumman

magnumman New Member

You could burn those tires in your back yard and you would have still have got the better deal