1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Youtube review of this pistol

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oLHK8nd-HPY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=oLHK8nd-HPY

Found this review as well

Jimenez Arms JA-22 Review

So, one guy at the gun show had a bunch of Jimenez Arms laying out, with a sign saying $89! How can you beat that? For $89, he was offering brand-new .22LR and .25ACP JAs in blue, stainless, and chrome. I couldn't pass it up.

I chose the .22 because I already have that cartridge in my arsenal, and because it's super cheap ammo for just-for-fun shooting.

A little history for ya... Jimenez Arms is the phoenix from the ashes of the defunct Bryco, which was sued into non-existence a while back. Bryco had some safety issues, according to the State of California, as well as a death from an ND. One of the employees bought the remains, renamed (and later relocated) the company, and started stamping out the same weapons as before.

·
Banned
0 Posts
the infamous Jiminez Arms company. do a Google search of them, and Bryco, Davis Arms, Raven and a few others. cheap made pistols with less than stellar performance and known for breaking. i personally have owned a couple in the past that one the slide broke on and the other the frame cracked. in simple terms, JUNK!

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
I dont know what your Carb is worth but you know that NE Jimenez arms can be had for less than 90 bucks...

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
But I would rather sell the carb and put it towards a beretta u22 or a s&w 22 I been looking at.
That would be the wise decision. I've heard from a small minority who like there J22's but most consider them an opportunity to get a $50 gift card durring the Holliday Gun Buy Back Programs.

Pretty sad when Uncle Sam will give you more to destroy your gun than you could sell it for.

Tack

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Is it your gun, and he wants to give you the carb for it? If so, I'd jump on it. A rebuilt Holley, of almost any model, is worth more than that gun, from a monetary standpoint.

Nevermind. I reread your OP. Do as you were talking about, and sell the carb outright, putting the money towards a better gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.