need suggestions on composite frame dbl action or auto

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ronsaun, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ronsaun

ronsaun New Member

i am new (refered by jeep forum) but i need suggestions on a composite frame dbl action or autoloader that can be handloaded to be close to 44mag ballistics. i know sw makes one in 44 but i dont want to spend $1000. i think a 45 colt can get close but i can ony find 45 acp! i spend alot of time in the rocky mountains and everyone carries due to bears, mountain lions, wolves etc..... weight is the issue due to hiking. does anyone have a suggestion? thanks, ron:confused

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It has to be an auto loader?

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Desert Eagle .44mag.

Pic does not show. :confused:

Please stop by the introductions forum. :cool:

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

S&W makes Scandium frame revolvers in .44 Magnum but I know of no "composite" (poly/plastic) autos or revolvers built for this cartridge. There's a reason (besides strength) that most .44 Magnums are large chunks of steel - you need the weight to make them reasonably comfortable to shoot...

5. ronsaun

ronsaun New Member

no it doesnt have to be an autoloader:)

6. ronsaun

ronsaun New Member

is this liteweight and well under $1000:confused:

7. ronsaun

ronsaun New Member

it doesnt have to be composite just as lite as possible. i only intend on firing it for personal protection at close range. i doubt i will run a box of shells thru it in its life. comfortable to shoot is not a concern. i am familiar w/skandia. i like it, i am "trying" not to spend $1070.00. maybe we should be talking about "what is the largest caliber available in liteweight" and can i handload some caliber to be close to 44 ballistics?:confused:

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The S&W scandium's are the only lightweight big bores that I'm aware of. Loading to ".44 Magnum ballistics" for other than a gun chambered in .44 Magnum sounds VERY dangerous to me...

9. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

[​IMG]

Nice Jeep :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010