Need some Shotgun help

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by jwdrummer01, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jwdrummer01

jwdrummer01 New Member

Hello,

Josh from Missouri here. I need some help indentifying a vintage shotgun. I came across this and cant seem to find any info on it. On the side of the gun, it says " MFG escpecially for the Carter Company Chattanoooa, TN" Any help would be apreciatted. I will try to post some more pics of this gun.

gunn.jpg

2. jwdrummer01

jwdrummer01 New Member

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Perhaps it's an example of a gunsmith's/gunmaker's art. It says it was made for the Carter company, so maybe it's a custom gun for a company swell. I can't help you otherwise. Interesting looking gun however. Do you know the caliber?

4. jwdrummer01

jwdrummer01 New Member

I believe this is a 12 gauge.

5. DMC

DMC New Member

The Crescent Fire Arms Co of Norwich, CT (1892 to 1932) was one supplier of firearms to Carter. It is a Hardware Store gun, made by a major manufacturer and branded with any name the retailer desires. Without any other markings, it’s tough to say who made that particular gun.

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It was made by Union Arms Co. Toledo Ohio 1903 -1913. Union was bought out by Stevens and Stevens used the Union name for awhile but I don't ever remember seeing a Stevens made like that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  7. jwdrummer01

jwdrummer01 New Member

I think i found the answer. This looks identical to a spencer bannerman. Thanks for the help. Any idea of value on these and are they safe to shoot.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  8. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

9. jwdrummer01

jwdrummer01 New Member